User Tag List

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
    Quote Originally Posted by wakka View Post
    Retro buying may be on the decline but extensive, detailed discussions about the borders on PAL games is certainly alive and well on here.
    It's not called bordersdown for nothing you know lolol

Quote Originally Posted by Zen Monkey View Post
    Buying retro is too expensive and, honestly, usually disappointing too. A friend of mine has one of those mini SNES consoles and it's full of games games I loved, but when I play them now they seem awful. And I often have the same feeling with remakes/remasters. Nintendo's oldies still shine but very little else.
    Agree about the first part, that’s why I’m JP only when it comes to GB/GBA. Some games can be expensive (Castlevania’s are usually 7-9k) and I had to shell out 15k each for CIB copies of Kid Dracula and Contra but most of the stuff is at MSRP or, in most cases, lower (paid 700 Yen for Wario Land 4).

North American DS games are $10-30 with some exceptions, same with Wii games.

If a N64 Mini never comes out then I’m getting a UltraHDMI unit and I’ll go JP CIB for that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by wakka View Post
    detailed discussions about the borders on PAL games is certainly alive and well on here.
    It will never end.

But seriously, the Amiga having huge borders in lots of its games shouldn't have happened. We all know why PAL consoles had borders top and bottom, but the Amiga was only a big thing in PAL territories, so developers should have always made sure to deliver a full screen image. It's not like Commodore would have dictated anything in regard to that sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zen Monkey View Post
    A friend of mine has one of those mini SNES consoles and it's full of games games I loved, but when I play them now they seem awful. .
    I had the opposite feeling - playing all the games reaffirmed why I loved the machine and its games back in the day. I think lots of people have felt the same emotion.

Maybe you are just someone who doesn't like to go back to old stuff. I remember when I felt gaming was always about the 'latest & greatest' hardware and games, but around 15 years ago I delved into retro gaming and became hooked on what vintage hardware and games have to offer. It's now my main passion when it comes to games.

If you had told me 20 years ago that I'd be obsessed with old 8 & 16-bit games in 2018, I'd have said you're talking nonsense.
    Last edited by Leon Retro; 07-07-2018 at 11:25 AM.

Sold 11 PCBs this month. Already freed up loads of corner space I'm not stopping there, got loads more to sell. It's pretty crazy that most of the games I've sold have almost doubled in price since buying them 2 years ago I hate to think how much it will cost if I wanted to buy them back in the future.

Currently negotiating selling my entire NTSC-U N64 collection to another collector (200+ mint games including rare variants) - I've been building that for 15+ years!

I will still have enough retro games to play/master in my life time. I'm more addicted to selling than collecting at the moment, which is something I never thought I'd say. Might even part with a cab or 2!

I haven't bought anything retro since I built a RPi3, there are a handful of MD and SFC games I would like to add to my collection, but it's not the end of the world if I don't own them. I think I have gotten all of the 'I must own that' out of my system....

Well maybe getting a cab is the only itch I have yet to scratch