No announcement yet.

Speaker/Monitors for BVM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can't go wrong with Audioengine. I was looking at sneaking some in along with my PC build but for some reason forgot to.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
      Some M-Audio studio monitors would be worth a look too. Maybe the BX5 D3 range.
      Overkill I'd say.

Honestly, I'd just grab some half decent 2.0 or 2.1 PC speakers.

Those Audioengine are a bit pricey for what they are, or used to be, but a solid choice if you don't want to go the integrated amplifier route.

Comment

I defo dont want to get into amplifiers, I am still a bit a bit undecided tho on what to get.
        Is the Audioengine worth the plunge?

Thanks again

Comment

Yep, anything over £100 is overkill, unless you're going to use them for other things as well. Plus, anything new is going to look out of place near a CRT. I'd personally pick up an old Sony/Technics amp and a couple of well looked after 90's speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
            I'd personally pick up an old Sony/Technics amp and a couple of well looked after 90's speakers.
            That’s exactly the setup I have for my retro gaming.
            I have a pair of quite large Wharfedale speakers which I have owned since the 90s and a second hand Sony amp. The amp was pretty naff so after digging around inside it turns out the actual amplifier IC was made by Sanyo. The IC was the bottom of the range model in a family of amps so I picked up the top of the line model which had far better specifications especially with regards to THD. Pin compatible too. £14 from eBay. Sounds much better now.

Comment

Working...
            X