Speaker/Monitors for BVM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaker/Monitors for BVM

Hi, im trying to find a decent pair of speakers for my bvm (currently using a headphone amp, which is not ideal)

I was hoping to find something with a volume control on the front, and is magnetically shielded, which seems a bit hit and miss in my search findings.

I really wanted to get the Yamaha HS5 white speakers, but they are not magnetically shielded, and that worries me a bit with the BVM.
    Powered nearfield monitor speakers built on the success of its legendary predeccesors that have become a genuine industry standard for their accuracy.

So far, I was thinking of these Fostex Speakers.

I am a little bit unsure, as they are supposidly not very forgiving, not sure if thats really a good thing or bad thing when it comes to older console audio.
    Various input models exist, but all have 1/4 input, so i would need a RCA to 1/4 adapter.
    Hope someone can help me out a bit here,

Thanks.

How close are the speakers going to be to the BVM?

Comment

I'd be careful the magnetic field doesn't cause any image issues; speaker placement could be crucial.
      3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

next to it, but raised up slightly

Comment

Even if its magnetically shielded, there could be issues?

Comment

Originally posted by redstar_dan View Post
            Even if its magnetically shielded, there could be issues?
            Hmmm, not too sure to be honest. My Dino King monitor is fine near the Tannoy 5.1 system, I've just always found BVMs a bit more affected by rotation and magnetic fields and proximity of other hardware. Might be fine though, probably best give it a shot.

Comment

if it does start to mess with the image, is it irreversible?

Comment

Wouldn't have thought so mate. Should be fine.

Comment

I had two very large speakers right up against my PVM and it was fine. I assumed the PVM had sufficient shielding itself to avoid any issues. YMMV.

Comment

Can anyone recommend some decent pair of speakers? Im going round in circles trying to find something. Cheers for any help.

Comment

What’s your budget?

Comment

around £200 would be the sweet spot, but could push to £400 if its worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by redstar_dan View Post
                          Can anyone recommend some decent pair of speakers? Im going round in circles trying to find something. Cheers for any help.
                          I use an older microlab 2.1 system and the speakers have never caused any issues with my crts (they are on the shelf below)

Comment

Thanks for all the help, most appreciated.

I came across these guys earlier, tempted to pull the trigger.

It claims they are shielded too.

Comment

Some M-Audio studio monitors would be worth a look too. Maybe the BX5 D3 range.

Comment

Working...
                              X