The Sopranos: The Many Saints of Newark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Sopranos: The Many Saints of Newark

“Game of Thrones,” “Terminator Genisys” and “Thor: The Dark World” helmer Alan Taylor has closed a deal to direct “The Many Saints Of Newark” for New Line. David Chase and Lawrence Konner co-wrote the script for the feature which serves as a prequel to Chase and HBO’s iconic mob family drama TV series “The Sopranos”. […]

Alan Taylor (director of Game of Thrones, Thor: The Dark World and Terminator: Genisys) is set to helm this movie which acts as a prequel to the hit tv series. The movie will be set in the 1960's 'when riots swept through New Jersey and conflicts between Africa-American and Italian residents where at their worst'.

The film will feature younger incarnations of several of the shows characters.

It's totally not needed but anything Sopranos I'm in. I just hope Davis Chase is involved in some capacity.

Comment

Apparently he's producer on it and also co-wrote the script

Comment

Production is continuing on “The Sopranos” prequel movie “The Many Saints of Newark” and the first set photos have gone online featuring James Gandolfini’s son Michael playing the role of a young Tony Soprano. The story is set in the era of the Newark riots in the 1960s, when the African Americans and the Italians […]

First images of James Gandolfini's son playing a young Tony Soprano have been released:

Comment

^^^ Some things were just meant to be ^^^

Comment

Hmmmmmm.

Hmmm.

No.

Comment

HBO’s “The Sopranos” ended almost fifteen years ago with TV’s most famous abrupt cut to black. The cut, which takes place in the midst of an extended family scene in a diner as Journey’s “Don’t Stop Believin'” plays out, has long been debated over the years as it avoids a definitive ending. Over the years, […]

The creator of the show has formally confirmed Tony's end at the final scene of the original show

Comment

They massively signposted it with that conversation on the boat. There was no ambiguity at all.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                  They massively signposted it with that conversation on the boat. There was no ambiguity at all.
                  There was ambiguity. If you don't see him get whacked then there's ambiguity! It was a choose your own ending, which I was fine with TBH but I know a lot of people can't deal with that sort of thing.

Comment

I never watched the show but I'm pretty sure from what I hear that they should have done a Wayne's World thing and had a bad ending, good ending and Scooby-Doo ending.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                      This. Yes there's no conclusive evidence but if you pay attention to this scene and consider that everything goes black afterwards it's the logical conclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                        There was ambiguity. If you don't see him get whacked then there's ambiguity! It was a choose your own ending, which I was fine with TBH but I know a lot of people can't deal with that sort of thing.
                        When Chase has been saying all along that it's all in there, this is the only conclusion though.

Comment

I haven’t looked at what anyone has said about it til today though. Watched for first time about a month ago. We loved it and loved how it ended.

Comment

Working...
                          X