No announcement yet.

Retro|Spective 048: Cyber Troopers Virtual On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had this on the Dreamcast with 2 sets of twin sticks. It always seemed like such a typically hardcore, gamers game with very little mainstream appeal. However, I brought it all to uni in the second year and my housemates loved it. Not just the geeky gaming obsessives but the casual gamers who might play the occasional round of Tetris (yes, actual women!). It was really popular and we'd have lengthy sessions of winner stays on. None of us were that great which was good as it created a surprisingly level playing field and we all had a chance.

I think the daunting looking peripherals and the import only nature of the game makes it seem a bit inaccessible. However, I think it's just a really fun, typically Sega style game.

Comment

It’s a shame DreamPi doesn’t support tunnelling of System-Link games. Wouldn’t it be possible to hook the DC’s serial port up to the GPIO pins on the Pi?

Comment

The intro for the Dreamcast version is my favourite intro on that console alongside Capcom vs SNK. I love the designs and concept of the VO games but just couldn't get into them. The same thing happened with the Gundam game on the PS3- I really looked forwards to that game and loved the graphics but I think I just don't like arena based combat. Would give them all another shot though.

Comment

Working...
        X