Retro Arena: Cute 'em ups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
    But if someone wants to say a X game, or maybe Y is more their cup of tea, that's fine. I just make these threads for a bit of fun and to create interesting debate.
    You should add this disclaimer to all your Retro Arena threads as there's always one!
    Keep up the good work as they're a good laugh and, for me, an excuse to try some classics I'd missed.

Comment

Star parodier, havent played that in years. Used to have that one, loved how all the powerups were console addons felt satisfying powering up. Shame i never completed it as my laser on my briefcase unit barely worked.

Comment

Has to be Parodius for me. So fun and charming. Has that early Konami charm.

Comment

I'll go with Pop'n Twinbee on SNES great game, back when Konami were at the top of their game.

Comment

Originally posted by Solar View Post
            I sunk so many hours into Fantasy Zone when I was a kid, it was one of the games that really made the SMS stand out above the NES (for me at least).
            It's definitely a SMS system game that lots of people have fonds memories of. The really bright, colourful graphics are full of charm.

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            You should add this disclaimer to all your Retro Arena threads as there's always one!
            Keep up the good work as they're a good laugh and, for me, an excuse to try some classics I'd missed.
            I was going to put a disclaimer, but I think most people realise these threads are just about me pitting 4 or 6 games against each other. It's not about listing every game in any particular genre. It's fine if someone wants to choose an alternative game, as that makes the discussion more interesting.

Originally posted by S3M View Post
            I'll go with Pop'n Twinbee on SNES great game, back when Konami were at the top of their game.
            I remember loving it back in the day. The graphics are full of detail and charm, the music is uplifting brilliance, and it plays really well. Konami really knew how to make the SNES shine.

Comment

Working...
            X