No announcement yet.

Critics Club II: 05 - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going back through those threads, it reminds you of some of the glorious bell-ends we’ve had in the past.

Comment

I’m still here, Prinny.

Comment

That debate was epic, as was the Crystal Skull one

Comment

I was going to mention rmoxon and the Total Recall dream possibility too. I wonder if most people who get banned from a forum just register again with a different username.

On Arnie, without being negative, I wondered if the recent sexual harassment allegations in Hollywood would eventually involve him. I think he's got too many friends and is well protected, though. There's an old video of him visiting Brazil and he comes across very creepy. I think there have been allegations against him in the past, too. Although they didn't amount to much.

Total Recall could have both story possibilities, couldn't it?
          Last edited by monel; 15-07-2018, 17:24.

Comment

Well, rmoxon got a temp ban after it got heated in the 2013 Film of the Year thread. He never came back.

Some people people reregister just to have a go. Others reregister to regain access to the trading threads.

I like fan theories. I don't see how one person's interpretation should affect yours.

I really like the theory that Grease is all set in purgatory.

There's no justifying it, but being a superstar warps your perspective when everyone is bending over backwards to please you.

I'm not convinced something will come out, as I like to think the best of people, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

As an aside, I think Sharon Stone was way sexier in Total Recall than anything else she's done including Basic Instinct. That gif above is proof!

Comment

My heart tells me his greatest movie is the original Terminator, but had to vote Total Recall as he is at his best and gets more to do in that film.

Get your ass to mars!

And my cat is called Quaid in his honour

Comment

Consider-der-da-defeat

Comment

I can watch Total Recall over and over.

Comment

It’s The Terminator for me personally. Total recall is infinitely watchable still.

Tough one.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                        As an aside, I think Sharon Stone was way sexier in Total Recall than anything else she's done including Basic Instinct. That gif above is proof!
                        It's like Rimmer in Red Dwarf obsessing over Loretta in the VR game "Gumshoe".
                        "I'm supposed to hand you over to the cops and wind up with the goody-goody heroine. I've played it before. It's just that you drive me wild. You're the sexiest computer sprite I've ever seen."
                        " I can't resist her Kryten, get back in the car. I never fall for women who are any good for me Kryten, it's either heartbreakers or moral garbage on legs."

I know Mrs. Quaid is evil, but all is forgiven when you see her playing hologram tennis.

I also like Ming the Merciless' daughter more than Dale Arden in Flash Gordon.

Comment

I remember back in 2006 when YouTube was good, there used to be this trippy video of Arnie in Rio backed by a cool-arse dance/synthwave choon.

Tried to find it a bit back but couldn't, anyone know the vid I mean??! It was trippy and cool, it was way good.

Comment

It has to be "Get your ass to Mars".

Comment

JazzFunk, I haven't seen that exact video but I think the original footage of his visit was also featured in a show called Webjunk 2.0. Although that used Web clips so it might be the same video you saw.

Anyway, I read the Den of Geek article on Total Recall linked in another thread from 2012, and it discusses it being a dream. Quote...

And then things go awry. The memory implant process, it seems, dislodges a cork in Quaid’s brain, and a repressed history bubbles back to the surface; Quaid, we gradually learn, isn’t Quaid at all, but an agent named Hauser, who once worked for Cohaagen on Mars and realigned himself with the planet’s rebels. Captured, Hauser had his memory blanked, and was dumped back on Earth with a false past and two potential assassins posing as his wife and best friend.

The article suggests all that is from the original short story and then the film goes off on its own path. I'm not sure as I haven't read the Dick text. But, in relation to the film, the above summary seems to suggest that it has to be a memory implant because surely it would be easier for the villains to kill him rather than wipe his memory and send him back to Earth with a fake life and people watching over him? And that would mean he never could regain his memories and gain revenge?

I really shouldn't be thinking about stuff like this, nobody I know ponders any of this.

Also the wiped memory thing ties in with Robocop.

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
                                I really shouldn't be thinking about stuff like this, nobody I know ponders any of this.
                                There's a nice article on it here, so you're not alone, mate:

I think the beauty of the film is that it's not clear cut.

I happily took the film for face value for decades before reevaluating it!

There are valid arguments for both sides and although I like a twist ending like The Descent, Prince of Darkness or Brazil, I like how Verhoeven lets the viewer decide.

Either way, it's a helluva thrill ride getting there!

Comment

Working...
                                X