No announcement yet.

Critics Club II: 05 - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've mentioned it before but Once Upon a Time in America has a dream theory and it would ruin that particular film for me. That film also makes me really sad. No other film does that to me in such a manner. I think I might never watch it again on purpose but it is a classic.

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
      That film also makes me really sad.
      Is it because of the ringing phone? It's the ringing phone, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        Is it because of the ringing phone? It's the ringing phone, right?
        No it's not due to the phone scene although it seems that really irritates a lot of people. A lot of things about that film depress me from the poverty they grow up in to Noodles being locked up in his teens to the betrayal and just so many other parts of it including the rape scene. They released some lost footage a few years back and I rewatched it for that... The only other film that maybe comes close is parts of Bullet in the Head the John Woo film.

Comment

When I first saw TR, back on its VHS rental debut, I thought a big part of the fun of it was it could be interpreted either way. In the times I've seen it since I haven't thought too deep about it ... I wouldn't want to break the spell.

Somthing else remarkable about this film has to be the dream team factor of Verhoeven + Dick + Arnie + the 18-cert action era ... it's all so perfect.

Comment

True Lies

Very Honourable Mentions to T2 and Total Recall

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              It's like Rimmer in Red Dwarf obsessing over Loretta in the VR game "Gumshoe"...

I know Mrs. Quaid is evil, but all is forgiven when you see her playing hologram tennis.
              I misread that as Mrs Queeg as in a wife of Queeg from Red Dwarf and I got very confused!

Gosh another hard one!

Total Recall is one of my favourite movies ever, and True lies is a funny one for us as we had it as our go- to movie if we fancied watching something late at night but couldn't decide, tried watching it 2-3 times but never finished it.

Found our dvd copy of it in an old PC we disposed of a while ago and have yet to find a blu-ray release.
              Caught the start of it on tv at the hotel the night before a wedding we went to recently. Loved it as always.

I love most of his films, especially the two I have mentioned along with Kindergarten Cop.

I'm going against myself here and saying his better performance is True lies!

Comment

[MENTION=16665]Blobcat[/MENTION] True Lies has never been released on BR. Weirdly.

Comment

I did not wake up today thinking I was going to find myself reading about True Lies and it being torn apart

Comment

wow that's 5 mins of my life I'll never get back.

Comment

Working...
                    X