The Nintendo classic (not so) mini thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tokyochojin View Post
    Sorry for being a bit of dunce, but do you have to add this command to every file name for each rom file you add? Is there a way to set this option for all at once? Sorry if you already mentioned that, just want to add more filter options easily.
    There is indeed, there's a global command line box that you can put stuff in to affect everything at once but when i tried to do that for scanlines at once it broke all the built in games as when you loaded them up you would get a black screen quickly followed by an error code. Maybe i did it wrong but im pretty sure i put the command in just the same, be careful if you mess around with the global command line as im not sure how you remove the commands you put in there once you add one. It might be a pain to do them individually but it depends on how many games you are adding at once.
    Last edited by importaku; 17-07-2018, 10:07.

Comment

If I add games does it use the settings as they are for the built in games? I quite like the 4:3 scanline mode that's already built in.

Comment

For any added games it will use built in tv mode settings of the mini, for both nes & snes. The nes crt mode is rank but the snes one is nice. If you use retroarch on the nes it will override the crt mode of the nes mini with the nicer scanlines.

Unless you are running an unsupported nes game it should use the defaults. For snes i didnt need to change the scanlines as they are totally fine as is.
        Last edited by importaku; 17-07-2018, 11:38.

Comment

Are power packs interchangeable? If I bring my Famicom classic mini to the U.K. can I use my U.K. power pack with it, or do I need a Japanese one and a transformer?

Comment

My minis are japanese and i just power them from the usb ports of my tv or my phone charger. Dont have an official usb power adapter so im not sure it's multi voltage but failing that you could always get a cheap uk usb power adapter.

Comment

I think you are fine with a UK power adapter, the only issue i have ever had is the non-official USB cable not working properly with Hakchi.

Comment

I have heard that using a blue high speed usb port on a pc can cause problems for some people using hakchi too. Seems it works best with slower ports.

Comment

Before the big purge, someone on here was offered to take people's SNES Minis and mod them; if that's you, could you PM me?

Comment

Nah not me im afraid, hopefully the person who offered will find this thread.

Comment

I finally managed to add a new game to my SNES Mini: Axelay

I thought it's best to just add one game when testing Hakchi. I also turned off the blur filter with scanlines, so I now have scanlines with a nice sharp image.

But there is one small problem that I noticed.

There is a white line down the left side of the image. It's about 1 pixel in width. This line also sometimes appears down the right side of the image. It appears in all image modes. Is this normal? Can it be removed?

Comment

Congrats on getting it sorted, as for that white line it could be either an emulation quirk of the mini or a tv quirk. Not heard of that problem before so i'm not sure if there's a solution for it.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                          Congrats on getting it sorted, as for that white line it could be either an emulation quirk of the mini or a tv quirk. Not heard of that problem before so i'm not sure if there's a solution for it.
                          Thanks for inspiring me to finally make the most of the Mini. It's great to have Axelay up and running. I will be adding loads of other games, but mostly titles that are on my 'favourites' list.

I flashed the kernel back to the original and the 'white line' is still there, so I think it must have always been there. It's only 1 pixel wide and isn't as noticeable in some games, so I can live with it.

I will mod the NES next.

Comment

If you get stuck on anything just let is know, like i said before i'm not an expert or anything but i can try to help. As you have restored yours back at least once so you know what to do if you change a setting and it screws everything up. Keep that kernel file safe theres about 6 copies of it floating around my pc and various memory sticks lol. One thing you may notice is it takes a little longer to boot up than before, that's normal it's just a side effect of hacking.

Most of last night i was playing a fun little famicom platform game called perman, one of fujiko f fujio's creations so the characters all have that doraemon styling but it suits the famicom well. Back in the day i always thought a lot of the nes library was dull & too similar, seems theres a lot of fun games hidden away in japan that im only just discovering. Just a shame the disk system didn't get more games. Seems a lot of disk games are creepy adult type games. Been thinking on maybe adding some of the other hibaihin variants like the super rare games that were given away as competition prizes the hard part is finding clear pics of either the box or cart plus for some games they are pretty much identical to the regular version but with a different label or cart colour. On super famicom i have a few but on tbe famicom i only have all night nippon super mario bros. would be nice to add at least a couple more.

Comment

Originally posted by Marius View Post
                              Are power packs interchangeable? If I bring my Famicom classic mini to the U.K. can I use my U.K. power pack with it, or do I need a Japanese one and a transformer?
                              Completely. I use the UK plug with a Super Famicom Mini. It's just USB power.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                                Before the big purge, someone on here was offered to take people's SNES Minis and mod them; if that's you, could you PM me?
                                I can do that for you, but not for a few weeks. I'm going on holiday and various other social engagements. As soon as I'm made redundant, I'll have all the free time in the world and I'd be happy to help you out.
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X