No announcement yet.

The Nintendo classic (not so) mini thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delving through the library of famicom disk system games and i come across this

Youkai yashiki, a rather fun if a little basic looking platformer where your dozy bint girlfriend decides to rip off a seal off a cursed house reawakening it so you have to go inside and reseal the thing by finding 6 seals and then the boss of the level and kicking it's ass back to hell, the house is packed with youkai and all you have is a weedy torch to fight back which you can extend it's range of power by killing souls floating about to extend the battery life which also doubles as your own life bar. Based off a creaky old MSX game but the famicom version is greatly improved, not many horror titles on famicom so it's kind of refreshing although it is challenging as the rooms loop around on themselves but thankfuly is a map so you don't totally get lost, kind of clever how the rooms on the map are arranged into a particular kanji for each level.

Has some killer artwork on it's cover too.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post

Youkai yashiki, a rather fun if a little basic looking platformer
      Very basic, even by Famicom standards. But I'll give it a go sometime because you say it's a fun game.

your dozy bint girlfriend decides to rip off a seal off a cursed house reawakening it so you have to go inside and reseal the thing by finding 6 seals and then the boss of the level and kicking it's ass back to hell,
      I wish you had written the synopsis for the game back in the day.

Has some killer artwork on it's cover too.
      Would have certainly given me nightmares as a kid. Looks like the sort of art you get on TurboGrafx games.

Comment

Actually just bought one of these - http://www.8bitdo.com/sn30-sf30-2_4g...assic-edition/

Anyone have experience with it? Could have just bought an extension cable but I have to unplug my GC controller every night as it is, or Nico Jr would wreak havoc on it at the earliest opportunity (had to Google when to put that comma in but I’m still not sure). I’ll still have to unplug the receiver though!

Mostly worried about interference with the signal as my better half watches a lot of stuff on the iPad close by
        Last edited by Nico87; 27-07-2018, 19:38.

Comment

The Shoen Jump one is rather nice. I love the box.

Comment

Originally posted by Nico87 View Post
            Actually just bought one of these - http://www.8bitdo.com/sn30-sf30-2_4g...assic-edition/

Anyone have experience with it? Could have just bought an extension cable but I have to unplug my GC controller every night as it is, or Nico Jr would wreak havoc on it at the earliest opportunity (had to Google when to put that comma in but I’m still not sure). I’ll still have to unplug the receiver though!

Mostly worried about interference with the signal as my better half watches a lot of stuff on the iPad close by
            Sod it, bought extension cables instead

Comment

Been enjoying that super fami macross game the most though these past few days, its crazy how smooth it all runs with loads on the screen and not much slowdown. Not sure if the preset id tweak is responsible for that or the game is really that well programmed. Shame gradius 3 and the parodius games are plagued with pretty bad slowdown at times would be amazing to have them running full speed all the time. Kind of miss konamis golden period where they'd make stuff like parodius & goemon.
              Macross, Super Aleste & also KiKi KaiKai (+ others) do show that in the right hands the SFC could throw some sprites around. Everything else got rushed for Christmas, alright?!

Comment

Which display mode are you all using? I tried the command on the first page to enable scanlines on the 4:3 mode but all I get is a C7 error on every game I try to load. I’m using the latest version by ClusterM.

Comment

Which display mode are you all using? I tried the command on the first page to enable scanlines on the 4:3 mode but all I get is a C7 error on every game I try to load. I’m using the latest version by ClusterM.
                  did you use the global command line or add the command in individually to each game?

double check your spelling and the spaces in between the last command and the next as if you have a spelling error or a space in the wrong place then it will come up with errors. There needs to be one space before each command that starts with --

for example (taken from the end of a random game)
                  --guest-overscan-dimensions 0,0,9,3 --initial-fadein-durations 10,2 --volume 75 --enable-crt-scanlines
                  Last edited by importaku; 29-07-2018, 15:59.

Comment

Currently back into mine
                    been testing quite a bit of ps1 games using the hi res mode in the latest retroarch extreme build
                    you also need the psx bios file thats from the psp as it’s been optimised and tweaked by Sony over the basic psx version
                    games do look very nice and run near perfect

been adding games messing and tweakin it since it was released

Comment

did you use the global command line or add the command in individually to each game?

double check your spelling and the spaces in between the last command and the next as if you have a spelling error or a space in the wrong place then it will come up with errors. There needs to be one space before each command that starts with --

for example (taken from the end of a random game)
                      --guest-overscan-dimensions 0,0,9,3 --initial-fadein-durations 10,2 --volume 75 --enable-crt-scanlines
                      I added it to the global command line. Am I supposed to add it to the individual games’ command? I’ve also read something about putting magfilter 3 -filter 2 in the global line
                      Last edited by Nico87; 29-07-2018, 16:12.

Comment

i never got it to work through the global command line function, every time i tried i got errors on all my games, doing each game individually is a bit time consuming but it works.To save typing just copy & paste the command into each game, it's how i do it.

Comment

i never got it to work through the global command line function, every time i tried i got errors on all my games, doing each game individually is a bit time consuming but it works.To save typing just copy & paste the command into each game, it's how i do it.
                          Alright, cheers! There’s no way to do it for the built-in games though, right?

Comment

Alright, cheers! There’s no way to do it for the built-in games though, right?
                            sadly not, they are in a read only part of the mini they can't be changed in any way. The only way around it is if you hide the games by unticking the games from the original games list in hackchi and then finding roms for all the built in games and then adding those to the console. Added games can have the settings changed.

Comment

something about putting magfilter 3 -filter 2 in the global line
                              That's what I added to the global command line on my SNES Mini, because I kept getting the 'C7' error doing things individually. The image looks really nice with 'magfilter 3 -filter 2' and makes sure all games have the same clear, sharp image with scanlines.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                                That's what I added to the global command line on my SNES Mini, because I kept getting the 'C7' error doing things individually. The image looks really nice with 'magfilter 3 -filter 2' and makes sure all games have the same clear, sharp image with scanlines.
                                I’m actually getting C7 errors all over the place with the magfilter thing. What version of hakchi are you using and is RetroArch involved?

*edit* Nevermind, forgot the - before magfilter! Works like a charm! Can’t wait to get my extension cables as my back is beginning to hurt
                                Last edited by Nico87; 29-07-2018, 19:58.

Comment

Working...
                                X