The Nintendo classic (not so) mini thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yay, good you got it working

yeah extension cables and the button reset combo do help a lot in not having to get up ever few mins hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Nico87 View Post

*edit* Nevermind, forgot the - before magfilter! Works like a charm! Can’t wait to get my extension cables as my back is beginning to hurt
      Yeah, make one little mistake and nothing works. The SNES Mini is easier to set up than the NES Mini. I had more stress trying to get the NES Mini hacked and working how I want it to. But once you finally get it how you want it - you realise it's pretty simple.

Comment

You no longer need the mag filter command. Just select the CRT option and use the line —no smooth. Gives you all the CRT without bilinear.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
          You no longer need the mag filter command. Just select the CRT option and use the line —no smooth. Gives you all the CRT without bilinear.
          Is there a difference?

Comment

No C7 rerrors. Recommended by Cluster.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
              No C7 rerrors. Recommended by Cluster.
              Magfilter seems to be the only thing that works for me. Getting C7 errors again with your command

Comment

Magfilter seems to be the only thing that works for me. Getting C7 errors again with your command
                I also get the "C7" error when putting things in the command line. Only the global command line works for me when it comes to turning off the blur filter.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                  I also get the "C7" error when putting things in the command line. Only the global command line works for me when it comes to turning off the blur filter.
                  Yeah, I tried the —no-smooth command in the global command line. Magfilter etc. still works like a charm though

Comment

Magfilter etc. still works like a charm though
                    We're obviously doing something wrong with the individual command line, because I also always get the '"C7", but at least using the 'Magfilter' through the global command line works, and I'm happy with it. I

Comment

It can be finicky sometimes, once you get it behaving just don't mess with any major settings. Once i had the basic tweaks done i stopped playing and just started adding games, have a sacrificial uk snes mini if i want to start messing about but the jpn ones are now left alone tweaking wise.

Been playing more Goonies this evening made it to the 3rd level, gave in & looked up how those sectret items are revealed seems each level has a different method to reveal them. Level 1 you press attack to make them show, level 2 is pushing down, level 3 is pushing up & level 4 you push down + B. The items always appear in the same place so once you learn where they are it's easy to remember, well worth doing too as they make the later levels a lot easier by rendering the various enviromental hazards harmless. Really fun game too, tricky but not unfair i'm suprised it never got a western release seeing as the film is great & is more known outside of japan. To clear each stage you have to blow up the doors with bombs to find 3 keys & a trapped member of your gang before you head to the locked level exit.

Here's a decent touched up & restored box art in case anyone needs it as i found Goonies to be tricky to find decent boxart online that was in decent shape searched both japanese & western sites & not much on there as the boxes are either blurry, at a side angle or they are faded/creased. Ended up having to clean up this one to make i look nice. It's small but sizes up great in hakchi.

In case nobody has ever seen the game heres a handy vid, bit primitive by nes standards but a hell of a lot of fun plus that cindy lauper 8 bit rendition is fab.
                      Last edited by importaku; 31-07-2018, 00:08.

Comment

I can’t understand why we got the incredibly confusing Goonies 2, but this stayed in Japan. Looks like a much more fun game, certainly more accessible...

Comment

Not gotten around to getting the 2nd goonies game yet, is it worth a play?

From reading up the first game actually appeared in the states but only on the playchoice 10 arcade system yet never a home release, boggles the mind why they did that as it would have sold decently.
                          Last edited by importaku; 31-07-2018, 01:38.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post

In case nobody has ever seen the game heres a handy vid, bit primitive by nes standards but a hell of a lot of fun plus that cindy lauper 8 bit rendition is fab.
                            I remember a friend having the Goonie II back in the day, and it looked quite fun, but I've never played it. Also, I seem to remember that people say it's better than the first game.

It's strange that the first game wasn't released in the West, seeing Goonies was a massively popular movie.

Thanks for the box art.
                            Last edited by Leon Retro; 31-07-2018, 00:32.

Comment

Man, the SFC Mini is slowly driving me towards an actual SFC collection. Can’t stand playing the games I’ve added without actually owning them

Think I’ll end up buying JP versions of all the games I have, including the built-in ones. Guess I’ll have to delete Sutte Hakkun

Must be an illness - I have around 100 GB/GBC/GBA games that I’ve literally never touched after opening the shipment boxes and inspected the contents as I have all my physical GB/GBC/GBA on EverDrive’s
                              Last edited by Nico87; 31-07-2018, 12:13.

Comment

Must be an illness - I have around 100 GB/GBC/GBA games that I’ve literally never touched after opening the shipment boxes and inspected the contents

I have tons of retro stuff in storage containers, so I know all about having games and hardware just for the sake of it. The only games I should really keep in my collection are titles that mean a lot to me. For example, I have a mint in box Japanese F-Zero that I'd never get rid of. The same with Castlevania IV, Contra Spirits, Wave Race 64 etc...

When I moved home six months ago, I realised there was far too much stuff in my collection. Then I bought a Raspberry Pi, Mini PC, SNES & NES Mini, and decided to focus on emulation. I sometimes get the real hardware out and use my Everdrives, but not very often.

Comment

Working...
                                X