Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini ITX Pc Build advice

Hi all,

Looking to build something smaller for the living room. Currently run a self-build in an r3 Fractal case which is quite large. I'm running an O'Ced Sandybridge i7 @ 4.5ghz and hasn't missed a beat in 6 years. It's water cooled with 20gb Vengeance 1600mhz RAM and a Mini-ITX style Superclocked GTX 1060 with 6gm VRAM. I did think about just transferring this to a Mini ITX motherboard, but it seems a motherboard for the old Sandy is quite hard to come by, well one that will let me overclock so thought it might be time for an upgrade soon.

I was thinking of a build something like this (obviously I have the GPU included on here): https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Esc...d/#view=v4cCbv

As I've always overclocked, I fancied pushing the latest i7 8800k to see what I could get, but bit concerned about heating and assume I'd have to go water/liquid cooled as I currently have for my Sandy?

I'm struggling with cases as I don't want some mammoth beast. I did consider just buying a Corsair One system, but that may be over-budget, so I'm torn between these if anyone can offer any advice or alternatives. Needs to be quiet, small and have decent airflow/cooling (so impossible probably!)

-Node 202 (looking at videos I can chuck a corsair water cooler in there if I cut the internals)
    -Corsair Obsidian 250d (looks a bit blocky and large for a Mini ITX build)
    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129
Working...
X