Mouse MAT recommendations please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mouse MAT recommendations please

Looking for a gaming mouse. Guess wired. Under £50 would be good lol. I thought £5 would be ok, but son tells me I (he) needs one with a few more buttons than the normal 3.

Logitech G G402 Hyperion Fury.

This is what I'm getting after my Razer Naga Hex dies. I just got a Logitech G513 KB and it's the best.

Comment

I've run a few mice over the years (MS Intellimouse, Roccat Kone XTD, various Razer and Logitech) and purchased my current Logitech g502 in last year's Prime Day sales. It's one of my fave mice. It's also currently only £35.99 in Amazon Prime Day right now. The reason to get it over the g402 is more buttons, a sensor which is considered one of the best there is (Pixart PMW 3366DM over the Avago AM010), mouse wheel tilt and a unlockable mouse wheel so you can 'spin' it.

The g402 is only £19.99 so also incredible value and a good option. Just depends if you want to spend the extras or which ergonomics/weight you prefer. As a long time Razer Deathadder user the weight and ergonomics of the g502 are fine.

The Logitech software/drivers are very good too. Completely programmable so you can enable more buttons for MMO's etc. And no nagging like the Razer software to install their 3D audio or create a account for cloud saves on your settings.

Comment

Just about to post about the Logitech G402 going for £20 in the Prime Day sale:

Seems like Mgear has got this thing sewn up, though! Listen to him!
        Last edited by QualityChimp; 16-07-2018, 13:28.

Comment

Cheers [MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION]. Tbf [MENTION=1482]dataDave[/MENTION] said the same as you - get the g402 for £20 (act quickly mind). I do rate the g502 though, one of the best PC mice I've owned.
          Last edited by Digfox; 16-07-2018, 13:34.

Comment

Razer are terrible. Atrocious build quality (I'm on my third Naga Hex) and their Synapse software was eating around 100+ frames from DOOM and other games. Way overpriced, too.

Comment

I've owned 3 (might be 4) Razer mice and they have been fine, although I think build quality does get mentioned by many. I love the ergonomics on the latest Chroma and the rubberized grip on the right side they added to the newer design. One of fave mice when it comes to the shape and feel. But the drivers were annoying for the previously mentioned reasons in comparison to the Roccat and Logitech applets.

That said I would love it if they re-released the Razer Boomslang. I never got to own one but back in the day were always mentioned as one of the better mice for Quake and TF etc. 20th anniversary coming up so there's an ideal opportunity for them.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                Logitech G G402 Hyperion Fury.

This is what I'm getting after my Razer Naga Hex dies. I just got a Logitech G513 KB and it's the best.
                Was just about to recommend this myself.
                Had mine nearly a year now and it;s been great so far, button layout is spot on for my hands and the weight is perfect.
                Right now amazon have it for£29, proper bargain considering I paid £50 for it.

Edit : didnt see the cheaper price above, wow
                Last edited by Solar; 16-07-2018, 16:10.

Comment

Cool. Cheers guys. I just bought the 402.

Comment

Cheers for the advice peeps. The 402 arrived while I was out, so my son had it all set up by the time I got home
                    I'm liking the DPI adjusters, although I keep pressing the extra thumb button which he has set to "temp slow".
                    Buttons all feel great. Mouse wheel feels a bit scratchy at speed - although the old one was very loose. Altogether happy days.

Soo...... mouse MAT recommendations please? Normal size (6x8??)

Comment

Steelseries QCK was always a decent mat. They make them in various sizes.

Comment

I don't know, but please avoid the Razer Vespula. It looks awesome, but then after a few weeks of heavy use the heat from my hand/wrist started to warp the glue under the surface resulting in bubbles and swelling making it probably the most infuriating purchase of my life. Who needs a swollen/bumpy mouse mat???

Comment

Avoid Razer tbh, awful products.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                            Steelseries QCK was always a decent mat. They make them in various sizes.
                            +1, just bought one and I quite enjoy it.

Comment

Another vote for Steelseries, I bought mine over a decade ago and it's still going strong. Doesn't slip on my desk and my mouse glides over it.

Comment

Working...
                              X