Rogue Trooper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rogue Trooper

A few days back, “Moon” and “Warcraft” director Duncan Jones teased he was looking at doing a comic book adaptation as his next project, but didn’t say what property it would be. At the same time it was confirmed it would NOT be a DC Comics property. Well now in a new Twitter posting, he […]

Duncan Jones had been teasing an announcement that he would be helming a comic adaptation, his most recent update has confirmed that it is s 2000AD adaptation and the suggestion is that Rogue Trooper is the series looking to be filmed.

I love Moon and really enjoyed Source Code.
    Didn't see WoW and have yet to see Mute based on their weak reception.

I'm hoping this will be one to watch though as it's a proven source material with serious longevity and I think with the right projects, Jones really shines.

Comment

Strangely, the 2000AD twitter account has been silent on this. I hope the speculation of it being Rogue Trooper is accurate. It has not been confirmed at all (hence the question mark in the article title above). Would love a Rogue Trooper movie.

Comment

Confirmed! This is great news.

Comment

Is this movie the same as this game? Or something totally non related?

Comment

Same Rogue Trooper, yes. Both based on the 2000AD story.

Comment

I see... interesting...

Thanks for the clarification Dogg Thang.

Comment

Can anyone recommend a good Rogue Trooper story?

This was made into a film before, I think?

Comment

I'd watch a Rogue Trooper film. Can still remember dragging some friend at the time to watch the Stallone Judge Dredd haha. Also found it shocking when viewing some of the Robocop special features how they'd made a mock up of the costume looking exactly like Dredd. How did they think they'd get away with that? Surely they wouldve licensed it?

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
                    Can still remember dragging some friend at the time to watch the Stallone Judge Dredd haha.
                    You make it sound like they're no longer your friend because you dragged them to see Stallone's Judge Dredd!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      Can anyone recommend a good Rogue Trooper story?
                      I was hoping someone else would jump here on this because, truth be told, I'm struggling. Not because there aren't good stories but because they all kind of flowed along in my memory and it's hard to pick out something that would represent the series well. And the other thing is (Rogue Trooper die hards may go for me for this) that Rogue Trooper is one of those 2000AD strips where the world and setting felt stronger to me than the actual stories. Like they inspired me and captured my imagination even when a lot of the material was just kind of shooty soldiery run of the mill stuff in reality.

I got the first collection recently but haven't sat down to read it. I'll give it a read and let you know if I'd recommend it.

Edit: Also, I made biochips and Duncan Jones retweeted them. So that's cool.
                      Last edited by Dogg Thang; 18-07-2018, 07:51.

Comment

I've never massively been into 2000AD (more of a Transformers kid), but I have a few issues, but never enough for a full story.

The first collection is popular with DoG, Dogg:

Comment

Working...
                        X