Fallout 76 - Bethesda's new car crash of an online game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ouch. That bag is stunningly poor.

I honestly don’t get why people buy these editions. Even with the canvas bag, it looks like stuff you’d get free at a trade show, not pay 200 quid for.

The idea that they can’t make a canvas bag and sell it at a profit for 200 pounds is just hilarious, too.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
      I honestly don’t get why people buy these editions. Even with the canvas bag, it looks like stuff you’d get free at a trade show, not pay 200 quid for. .
      Some people did get free stuff

Comment

This whole fiasco pretty much sums up supposed "AAA" gaming, little by little devs have taken the piss with seeing what they can get away with to the point now where players are idiots with no self contol they have been contitioned to accept broken games with the promise of a patch. Each time this happens they still fall for it blindly preordering.

The whole bag thing of this obscenely priced limited edition is just the icing on an already turd covered cake. The fact they offered such a pitiful digital trinket as compensation is even more offensive. I seriously hope they crash & burn for this crap.

Comment

I thought it was hilarious they offered people a $5 in game currency which couldn’t even buy a bag in game.
          Marketing at it’s finest.

Bethesda have always published some great stufff, every game they have developed themselves has always been a ****ing mess, I’m surprised people still give them the time of day.

Hey everyone maybe Elder Scrolls VI won’t be a buggy mess?

It will be a buggy mess.

Comment

The thing about the digital sorry is it's a very scummy way of trying to avoid been sued as if anyone accepts it then it classes as compensation even if it's not representative of the missing bag. It might work in the states where customers have no say but in countries with consumer protection laws, that crap is going to get knocked down real fast. Bait & switch is totally false advertising.

Comment

All this about Fallout 76 i see on sites and youtube actually gave me a craving to go back to Fallout 4.

So went back but before i did decided to add some mods, got one for a back pack to keep scrap, the Unofficial fallout 4 patch and a graphics mod which made the game look quite a bit better and funnily enough was a lot better performance to.

And i enjoyed it more this time ....but while the engine may be getting on a bit with Mods it really shows a lot can be improved on and its really disappointing that for 76 felt like a step backwards in many ways.

Comment

Looks like they are offering Canvas replacements. Too expensive in the first place, but cheaper than a false advertising lawsuit eh?

Comment

Returning the money to the bank after you've robbed it doesn't change the fact you robbed the bank in the first place.

I guess they found that the "unavailability of materials" suddenly became available again.

Comment

Rarity of materials table:

1. Unobtanium
                    2. Adamantium
                    3. Canvas
                    4. Diamond

Comment

You left out vibranium at number 4, just below canvas.

Comment

and fammydoddium

Comment

Just when you thought Bethesda couldn't screw this up any more than they already had, they start leaking customer data on the support link they gave out to get your "canvas" bag replaced: https://www.polygon.com/2018/12/5/18...ectors-edition

This is without doubt a breach of GDPR, the penalties of which can be up to 20 million Euros or four per cent of global annual turnover, whichever is the greater, for the worst offences.

Edit - Bethesda, the gift that keeps on giving ... https://old.reddit.com/r/Fallout/com...tsteps_of_the/
                          Last edited by MartyG; 06-12-2018, 07:55.

Comment

This is the most entertainment a Bethesda product has given me lol

Comment

Dice roll! This can be picked up on PC for about £11 now so the risk is fairly minimal, installing now...

Comment

Is this really that bad? I think I heard that other players regardless of level can kill you and take your stuff? Shame as I wanted to try it.

Comment

Working...
                                X