Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dead PS Vita :(

My PS Vita has died .

I was playing on it and put it on standby and the battery drained, now it won't turn on.

I've bought another charge cable, in case that was the issue, but the same thing happens.

I plug it in and the PS button glows a very faint orange, but if you press the power button, it flashes slightly brighter.

I've left it charging overnight. Light just eventually goes off.
    I've tried turning it on using the reset unit button press. Nothing happens.

Where do I go from here? Can I replace the battery? Will the unit boot with no battery in it?

I've got games I've bought and want to play on it! ob:

You tried holding the power button, PS button and the right shoulder button for 5 seconds to see if it will boot in safe mode?

Failing that maybe try a replacement battery? They seem easy enough to install. Maybe remove the battery and try it plugged in?

Those are literally the only solutions I can think of. I remember my OLED model did the same and I got it working, but can't remember how!
    Last edited by MonkeyJuggleDX; 05-09-2018, 08:50.

Comment

Thanks, Juggles.

I'll try without the battery.

Comment

Nothing useful to add, but I find it ironic that a console called 'life' is completely and utterly devoid of such

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
          Those are literally the only solutions I can think of. I remember my OLED model did the same and I got it working, but can't remember how!
          Sorry to hear that QC.

Same here, hadn't played mine in ages and it wouldn't turn on. Eventually I think I kicked it off by charging it for a really long time either on mains (official charger) or via my battery pack which can give as much current as mains.

Good luck with it.

Comment

Please let us know that your Vita is alive?

Comment

Sony decided it was dead years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                Sony decided it was dead years ago.
                At launch yes.

Comment

*sigh* I got a spare battery and swapped it over, but it still won't turn on.

Gutted dot com.

Comment

Working...
                  X