Critics Club II: 07 - Sylvester Stallone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    However, the first film is a real achievement that broke a lot of Hollywood rules with a young, American Italian Director making his first feature film and starring in it. Don't forget he doesn't win the first time either, which is also unusual.
    Well yeah; he just wants to go the distance

I also love Rocky IV. The music alone is marvellous.

Comment

Vince Dicola did the music for Rocky 4 and Transformers the Movie. I just found out he won a Golden Raspberry for Rocky 4 they must be crazy snobs. I was shocked when the song he did with Stan Bush The Touch was in Boogie nights. I hadn't seen Transformers TM for years even though I had the VHS. We were sitting watching Boogie Nights and Wahlberg starts belting out The Touch and I thought I'd just entered The Twilight Zone.

Comment

Yeah, it was a pretty surreal moment hearing him sing that!

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
          Vince Dicola did the music for Rocky 4 and Transformers the Movie. I just found out he won a Golden Raspberry for Rocky 4 they must be crazy snobs. I was shocked when the song he did with Stan Bush The Touch was in Boogie nights. I hadn't seen Transformers TM for years even though I had the VHS. We were sitting watching Boogie Nights and Wahlberg starts belting out The Touch and I thought I'd just entered The Twilight Zone.
          Yeah, it showed up in an episode of American Dad too; I love all that music. Have done since I was a kid.

You might like this:

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Rocky is the winner in best performance but Rocky IV is my favourite. The music as [MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION] said is outstanding, the story is a fun frolic of daft cold war willy waving, a genuinly sad death, an iconic 'villan', memorable montage and a weird robot romance.

Oh and Stallone played Rocky well and looked amazing in it.

Comment

Rocky is amazing but First Blood just pips it for me. As fine a performance as any I've seen.

Comment

Working...
              X