User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
    You'd be better off checking out the individual forums but pretty certain you can't get full speed on AMD processors. It's something to do with how both of those emulators access the cores. I'm pretty certain that's especially true of dolphin.
    Using Vulkan or dx12 in Dolphin with a Ryzen is on par with Intel now, if not better.
    They only had problems with dx9, 10, 11 and opengl.

Edit: looks like dx12 was discontinued in Dolphin, not very surprising since they are the same API anyway.
    Last edited by Solar; 25-07-2018 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
    I've also been emulating DC etc on my rather large gaming rig! Was keen to see what I could do on the CRT native res side of things.

It's essentially now impossible to get one. it's very annoying, make more irritating (of course) by the people who are clearly buying to re-sell and have clocked on people pay well over 300 for these.
    Whoa! I bought mine like... a few years back. I have vague recollections of emailing, being told when it would be available, maybe getting an update email? I might even have just paid in advance to be put on his list. Easy, much more so than the PSIO device I bought, where I had to hit refresh like a madman in the 5 minute window where they were in stock. Got one, and seconds later they were out of stock.

These solid state solutions are obviously popular. I fail to understand why the creators don't upscale production big time. They demand is clearly rampant.

PS1 and Saturn look best on CRT, in native resolution, but for DC, GC, and Wii, I could never go back to SD. Upscaled and smoothed they look gorgeous. Replayed Toy Commander on emulation, and it was even better than I remembered. (If you try it and the sound is broken, you need to get it from an alternate source - the TC sound works just fine!)

S.Mouse elbow slapper...
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lord Barker BK Wii Code: 3DS: 5000-2698-8757
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketcz View Post
    Whoa! I bought mine like... a few years back. I have vague recollections of emailing, being told when it would be available, maybe getting an update email? I might even have just paid in advance to be put on his list. Easy, much more so than the PSIO device I bought, where I had to hit refresh like a madman in the 5 minute window where they were in stock. Got one, and seconds later they were out of stock.

These solid state solutions are obviously popular. I fail to understand why the creators don't upscale production big time. They demand is clearly rampant.

PS1 and Saturn look best on CRT, in native resolution, but for DC, GC, and Wii, I could never go back to SD. Upscaled and smoothed they look gorgeous. Replayed Toy Commander on emulation, and it was even better than I remembered. (If you try it and the sound is broken, you need to get it from an alternate source - the TC sound works just fine!)
    For Dreamcast I find 480i is pretty decent on a CRT - looks better than on an LCD! But you can up the internal res even on a CRT. For me the PS2 stuff looks amazing at 5x and higher resolutions on a PC, even more so with the GC/Wii stuff, the latter I now struggle to use a real console for. At 2K I'd say it almost blows the Switch out of the water. All my PS2 is used for really is the lightgun games on CRT If they could get those working on PCSX2 with a proper gun solution not sure I'd need that anymore.
    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129