Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Is America? (Sacha Baron Cohen's new TV programme)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who Is America? (Sacha Baron Cohen's new TV programme)

DAAAAAAAAAYYYMMNNNN

Clearly, the way for him to continue the Ali G/Borat/Bruno/etc tradition was to use more expensive prosthetics

Loved it, glad he's back.

It was decent but hit n' miss, I really liked the gun guy tho, vintage Baron Cohen (love the walk lol). In certain shots he looked the absolute spit of Freddie Mercury.

I will keep watching, he's still amusing, this type of format always suited him best. But I will say it was a little weak early on, all that porpoise stuff was too far out, plus the undisabled guy on the motor scooter thing, didn't laugh at that.

I'm sure it will have a few big belly laughs in it, I won't give up on it straight away like I did Kayvan Novak's last ting, that was bile.

Comment

What channel is this on?

Comment

Had to turn it off after a while, utter ****e.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
          Had to turn it off after a while, utter ****e.
          Oh, thank goodness.

I was starting to think I'm the only person who doesn't really find SBC funny.

Comment

A review for it hit the nail on the head by saying 2018 has been a year without shame. Basically, these guys saying this stuff isn't particularly controversial so all he's really doing is making them look silly. For example, the gun rights guy Philip Van Capinyoass singing the kid's song was daft but his John Oliver interview was much, much worse. He said "whoop-de-doo" when John told him Australia's mass shootings were wiped out after they banned guns.

Originally posted by Paulos G View Post
            What channel is this on?
            It's on Channel 4 Monday nights at 10pm but I watched it on All 4.

Comment

But you have to be honest that a lot of the stuff sounds like a bad Brass Eye imitation by a group of uni drama students circa early '97. Too many words. Too many words trying to sound quirky and rude and funny but obviously being lots of words trying hard to be funny. I think he's better as a physical comedian, he uses his presence brilliantly.

Just...less words.

Not only that, it's getting on for late 2018 and it's still mining 1999 comedy ore.

Anyhow, can understand why some see it as shish but I will keep on watching, waiting for that belly laugh to come.

If not, it will get a dose of my impotent and pointless Internet wrath.

Comment

Saw a clip of this online, and the KinderGuardians thing is channeling Brass Eye, hard. But I'd be amazed if it can live up to those standards!

Comment

You spelled 'important' wrong

I liked this interview with the art dealer:

She considers the satire itself art.

Comment

Looks like the show is already resulting in some good

Comment

I watched the first episode and it's a mixed bag.
                      To be fair, he's trying to have a go at everyone, to balance it out, but not everyone deserves it.

I thought the art dealer presented herself well and encouraging someone trying to better themselves through art was laudable.
                      She could have drawn the line at giving him a pube though!

Like his other work, I end up watching it through my fingers.

Comment

Seems a bit hit and miss so far but the scene with the mosque presentation in Hicksville USA was simultaneously funny and frightening.

Comment

He's a hero.

Comment

Did hear some weird stuff about him acting a bit creepy around Rebel Wilson on the set of Grimsby tho...

Comment

If he was creepy around Rebel Wilson then it can't be in a pervy nature... guys married to Isla Fisher... there'd be no greater sin

Comment

Working...
                              X