Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

The cult show is coming back and the original series creator is already on board.

Joss Whedon has confirmed that a reboot of Buffy is in the works. The new incarnation is aiming to be more enthically inclusive from the outset and it has apparently already been confirmed that they are seeking a black actress to play Buffy. Whedon is involved in the shows creation and one of the writers from Agents of Shield is working on the pilot.

Seems like this is one that has no need for reboot. The idea is that there are new slayers. They could make a new series with new people that still acknowledges the original.

Comment

If Whedon is involved, there'll be plenty of subtle nods to the original(s).

Comment

Woah, I didn't see this coming at all. Awesome.

Comment

That's the thing, it doesn't need rebooting canonically and if I'm being honest the time to do this was when Vampires went through a revival. It's hard to imagine this having much impact now beyond being picked apart from those who still care about the old version.

Comment

A continuation rather than a remake is the way to go here. Especially when you’re completely changing the main character.

Comment

I wonder if they can find anything that hasn't been covered by Supernatural...or Twilight

Comment

Sacrilege! On the one hand I refuse to watch it or even acknowledge its existence, but on the other hand it's Joss so it'll probably be fabulous. Like Dogg said though, why not just a spin off? It's not like ANYONE is going to think new spike is better than old spike, same for every other character, even the second tier ones like Harmony.

Comment

Actually, new Riley will be better than old Riley.

Comment

Really liked this at the start, remember watching it out of interest and it was superb, really fresh with great ideas and script. Seemed to remember it going a bit strange though and I lost interest.

Comment

Thing is, they already rebooted it and called it Angel... and it was better. Why step backwards?

Comment

Monica Owusu-Breen, the new executive producer and showrunner of the proposed “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” TV series reboot, has spoken about the backlash that has followed the announcement of the new take. First revealed last Friday, Fox 21 TV Studios is producing the supernatural drama series which will focus on an African American slayer. The […]

The showrunner of the new incarnation has stepped in to the social media discussion to silence any backlash the reveal of the show has created to seemingly confirm that the new show will not be a reboot and will instead actually be an in-canon new spin-off follow up

Comment

Ok I'm in.

Comment

Maybe Alyson Hannigan can play someone's mum this time around? Really cougar it up. Mmmm.

Comment

Hot damn!

Comment

Working...
                              X