X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find that even skipping the short Gates of Hell bits is worth it lol

Comment

Yep. I do like the Gates of Hell scenes, but I've seen them multiple times already.

You can also skip the Angel Attack lead in animation as the camera pans in. Just skip Angel Attack entirely unless you enjoy it. You're never really going to get many halos out of it anyway. Just exchange the bullets.

Comment

Enjoyed another sesh of LiS2.

***possibly extremely mild spoilers***

I chose not to do something which would have benefitted us as I suspected (given where we were) it would cause (or attract) something bad. The bad thing didn't come/happen. Maybe it's because of my decision, maybe not. But I suspect it is. I also made a smart decision at the beginning (which felt way too boring and sensible at the time) that felt great as soon as I realised it

I've now arrived at a pretty cool new environment and that's where I left it. Games this good are too rare to burn through in one go.
        Last edited by Atticus; 02-10-2018, 16:17.

Comment

Do we know when the next episodes are out? Tempted to go for it now but sometimes these are great to play all at once.

Comment

Yeah I'm going to play it all at once this time around I think. Less invested given it isn't a sequel or prequel than I was with Before the Storm. Plus I thought it was kinda pricey, or maybe I'm just being tight.

Comment

Not sure when new eps are due ... hoping for a new one every month. I played the first game through as a bundle and wondered at the time what it would have been like to have to wait for each new ep. I think tv is sometimes better enjoyed like this, instead of binging ... there's something fun about the anticipation.

Comment

Well there is 5 episodes, I would predict...

Ep 1- Sep 2018
                Ep 2- Dec 2018
                Ep 3- Feb 2019
                Ep 4- May 2019
                Ep 5- July 2019

LiS 2 takes place over a full year so they may want the game to reflect that time as you play, considering Ep 1 is around/after Halloween.
                All I know is I can’t avoid those spoilers, already seen people on twitter openly discuss it so it’s hard to avoid unless you block specific words of course, also I like getting involved in a good LiS discussion, I remember when the original came out, I only had a handful of people who actually bought it to talk to it about, was great sharing future theory’s and decisions and just having a chat.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                  Well there is 5 episodes, I would predict...

Ep 1- Sep 2018
                  Ep 2- Dec 2018
                  Ep 3- Feb 2019
                  Ep 4- May 2019
                  Ep 5- July 2019

LiS 2 takes place over a full year so they may want the game to reflect that time as you play, considering Ep 1 is around/after Halloween.
                  All I know is I can’t avoid those spoilers, already seen people on twitter openly discuss it so it’s hard to avoid unless you block specific words of course, also I like getting involved in a good LiS discussion, I remember when the original came out, I only had a handful of people who actually bought it to talk to it about, was great sharing future theory’s and decisions and just having a chat.
                  Wow, I didn't expect quite the slow burn release schedule. I didn't buy the last one episodically so I have no point of reference ... I just assumed it was monthly. That's cool though ... if your prediction is correct then it's fine by me. The longer it lasts the better.

I haven't read anything about it. I had no idea it was set over a year. I didn't want my post to be spoilery, just to confirm that decisions do mean something and affect your experience, in a satisfying way too.

Comment

I thought I was done with Sky Force Anniversary, but I only had to get about 5 stars to get the 100 stars achievement, so I thought it'd be rude not to.

Then I realised I've only one trophy left to platinum it, which is to collect all the bonus cards that are randomly dropped during the levels.

The problem is, I think it's programmed to only release them every few days, so I seemed to get one every time I did a level the one night, then after that, nothing has dropped. Grrr.

I've really enjoyed playing it, though and it's made me feel like I'm a shmup expert, when I'm definitely not.

Comment

I'd be potentially a disaster to Life is Strange 2 to release slowly, if word is correct the first episode is already tanking compared to the other two for sales

Comment

Source?

The last Life Is Strange games have had about a two month gap between episodes, I think. Some people came away from the Telltale thing with the lesson that you shouldn't buy them until all episodes are out. I came away with the opposite: if you want these games and want more of them, you have to support them.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                          I came away with the opposite: if you want these games and want more of them, you have to support them.
                          This was another reason I bought LiS2 at launch. I believe in that ethos 100%

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                            I'd be potentially a disaster to Life is Strange 2 to release slowly, if word is correct the first episode is already tanking compared to the other two for sales
                            I wonder why. Different character/location? Or is it because it has arrived during silly season ... it's up against some proper big hitters and with its episodic nature it's an easier purchase to postpone than some.

Comment

I'll try and find it when I'm at home tonight but the crux was that it had the series lowest userbase when they'd tracked SDB figures, Era was discussing it a day or two ago as to why it may have not landed as strong. The figure was a little behind the original and heavily behind Storm's equivalent figure. LiS opened during quieter months but they were also fingering a lack of build up promotion, the lack of connection to the other two seasons and more so the unnecessarily inflated price tag.

Edit - Found it
                              So, now that Telltale collapsed, I thought we might want to watch the health of this genre and how new entries do in general. A lot of people were very surprised when people reporting on Telltale's collapse said that only The Walking Dead Season 1, Minecraft, and their console publishing...
                              Last edited by Neon Ignition; 03-10-2018, 14:30.

Comment

Definitely if people are comparing it to Before The Storm, the new story and new characters must be a big factor. But it's also why, even if accurate, I'm not sure that's a fair comparison. Price, yep. And I would also speculate the Telltale news has played a role too, with many waiting for a full season.

If the whole season doesn't do the business and they survive, expect to see Chloe Price back for Life Is Strange 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X