0 0%

0 0%

1 7.14%

2 14.29%

5 35.71%

4 28.57%

2 14.29%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    i think what people forget is that in terms of gameplay ico wasnt that special. block puzzles platforming and tricky controls. likewise shadow got 8s across the board and could be infuriating at times. in shadow if your grab meter ran out at the wrong time down you went.

while the gameplay is not that special what this and the other games in the series do have in buckets is atmosphere and fantastic world building. not many games can draw me in and make me stop and go wow at there sense of scale. i really like the feeling that i'm one of the first people to explore these ancient places in 100s of years.

Like the horse in shadow, or yorda in ico secondry charicters have there own personality and own free will, i like the fact that controling trico isnt like controling a big tank hes got a real personality.
    Last edited by Lebowski; 29-12-2016 at 08:51 PM.

I had my first stint with this tonight and I can't take my eyes off the creature. It's so lifelike. After looking around a new area I shouted Trico and, slightly disorientated, I heard rustling and then eventually it peered through the trees at me. It gives you goosebumps. Only a little way into the game so far but so far so good.

Does anyone else's PS4 turn into a moon rocket when the game starts? Seriously never heard my PS4 fans that loud before, very concerning. Original shape PS4.

Quote Originally Posted by fishbowlhead View Post
    Does anyone else's PS4 turn into a moon rocket when the game starts? Seriously never heard my PS4 fans that loud before, very concerning. Original shape PS4.
    I forgot how loud original PS4's were in-till I went over my Brother who has original and it reminds me of Xbox 360's before Hard Drive installs!

My PS4 Slim has been whisper quiet with the game, wish I had more time and less games to play it!

Have to say also, no manual with the standard version at all, nor reversible cover art .

My PissPoor (2 year old machine) runs the game pretty quietly.

I love The Last Guradian. It's a special game. It ain't perfect by any means: the camera is idiosyncratic and the controls can be fiddly, but in relation to the sloshing bucket of pig swill that this generation is, it's a breath of fresh air.

I still haven't made my mind up about this game. The technical niggles don't bother me (though the frame rate is tough on the eyes at times) and there is much to admire ... I'm just not sure I'm actually enjoying playing it.

First couple of hours feel a bit disjointed, almost like a demo. It just hasn't grabbed my like I wanted it to, like Ico and colossus did.

It may click yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    I still haven't made my mind up about this game. The technical niggles don't bother me (though the frame rate is tough on the eyes at times) and there is much to admire ... I'm just not sure I'm actually enjoying playing it.

First couple of hours feel a bit disjointed, almost like a demo. It just hasn't grabbed my like I wanted it to, like Ico and colossus did.

It may click yet though.
    digital foundry did some tests on it the best performance is on the pro at 1080p it locks the frame rate makes it a much more stable game. i started it in the 4k mode but the locked framerate of 1080p swung it for me.

I completed this last night and immediately started a second playthrough. I don't usually care for cinematic video games - Assassin's Creed, Uncharted, Tomb Raider, The Last of Us: they bore me to death, but this is so beautiful and organic with more character and subtlety than almost anything I've played. Even the eccentric camera and oft-fiddly controls, which admittedly ruined a couple of moments early on, can be mastered with a little patience. I did play much of the game tripping on mushrooms which made the experience much more special and influenced my overall opinion, but, regardless, I think it's a a masterpiece and a work of art.