Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phoenix Wright Switch looks gorgeous on the TV.

I'm thinking of getting one of the Sengoku Densho games, as I fancy a side-scrolling fighter. Are any of them any good?

Comment

It's one of the things I find interesting about Game Pass. It's great, I'm just highly sceptical it's sustainable.

Comment

Tried the demo for Yoshi's Crafted World

*Sigh*

*Deep Breath*

*Exhale Slowly*

I just... why is it so hard for Nintendo to settle on what to do with this series? I can see how the final game could be passable fun in its own way but it immediately feels like it uses all the pieces but in a way that's an immediate step back from Woolly World. Can they not just make a follow up that's just a worthy Yoshi's Island?

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
          Can they not just make a follow up that's just a worthy Yoshi's Island?
          They could, I guess. The problem is that Yoshi's Island was, in terms of their brand lineage, part of the Mario World series, whereas the recent Yoshi games are part of a similar-but-distinct series that tends to have a more playful attitude and tries to be more welcoming for younger players.

Going by that logic, I think a new Yoshi's Island would need to be the next NSMB game, and I'm not sure how that would go down.

I shouldn't talk though. I'm one of those monsters for whom my favourite Yoshi game is Yoshi Touch'n'Go.

Comment

I think the biggest crime with the new Yoshi game is that it seems simply boring. And while it is a tiny sample group and therefore pretty worthless and doesn't prove anything, both my kids tried the demo and didn't like it either. Maybe even younger kids would go for it? It could be they are aiming very young this time round. I was disappointed in the demo.

But (flame shield on), I was never a big fan of Yoshi's Island either. Loved how it looked but I found the egg throwing fiddly and just didn't enjoy the levels all that much. I never played the N64 one or actually many of the ones after that. Woolly World looked amazing though, I mean just from a visual perspective.

Comment

Woolly World was good fun, closest they've gotten really. The rest are passable to poor, it's an oddly low quality franchise Nintendo seems intent on not addressing. Yoshi's Island is the peak but I'd probably happily side with the argument that it's not as good as SMW and is *Defences Up* less fun than the DKC series it released against

Comment

This new one doesn't seem like a platform game at all. You can even float forever by timing the button press just right. I think it's going to be more of an exploration game.

They have enough 2D platformers out anyway.

Comment

RE1, 0 and 4 have a Switch release date in May. Maybe I’ll finally play RE4 after all these years.

Comment

RE4 is the only one that tempts me but that PC HD texture mod is sooo close to completion now I'll have to see which way I prefer to replay it

Comment

4 is the only resi I ever finished. It’s incredible.

Comment

Gigantic Army is out. Cracking Cybernator-esque indie.

Comment

I might pick up Resident Evil 4 on the Switch if the pricing is right. Although its a valid criticism I think its good that some of these older titles are getting released on the Switch as it'll be nice to have them on the go.

Comment

I hope it'll have gyro aiming.

Comment

I'm so angry about Darius Cozmic collection - having 3 games only come in the LE version, and then my missing the boat to get that LE with Amazon.

Comment

"Pokémon Direct" edition of Nintendo Direct confirmed for tomorrow.

2pm UK GMT / 6am PT / 9am ET / 3pm CET.

Comment

Working...
                                X