Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update 1.51 out for PS4, 1.52 for PC

Comment

I read all the hype and redownloaded this after a few months away.
      It completely changed the planet I had saved on, to a super toxic environment with Sentinals on max alert. I attempted to escape the planet but was shot down. I instead started a new game, where it put me on to a super toxic environment with Sentinals on max alert. I died again. The game is now deleted for good.

Comment

^ that's the tutorial, they reset the whole universe with this update.

I'm really enjoying it, there seems like plenty to see and there are quite clear objectives to work towards, which was a concern

Comment

How's the HDR?

Comment

It works!

There are plenty of times for it to shine as everything is so physical based, I think they've just issued a patch that fixed the black levels.
            Last edited by EvilBoris; 02-08-2018, 18:52.

Comment

Tbh I've not noticed anything amazing with HDR on my TV but I guess that's what you get for only spending 400 notes lol. I think my TV basically just supports the concept of an HDR signal and is able to process it without crashing but that's about it

Comment

Another update today, but I'm on MHW for the rest of the week.

The Plasma launcher is super effective against Sentinels, don't leave home without unstable plasma to charge it with!

Comment

There are 3 updates coming for NMS this summer:
                  Beyond - an MMO update
                  VR - VR update!
                  ???

Comment

Anyone tried this on PS5, or in general, lately? It's amazing. I've returned to the game a few times in the past and it never grabbed me really, until now. One of the problems I had before was that the game used to be very much handsoff with any sort of guidance, but they've turned that around massively and now there are so many things to do, with quest lines that help you do everything. I mean everything. One of the first quest lines has you put down a base computer and from there it will get you building a base with pretty much everything you need in it. You can hover over potential upgrades and pin down recipes to the hud and turn those items into a quest of sorts, which will go through the items you need one by one and tell you how to get everything. no more thinking, yippee!

The planets are all kinds of messed up now, the terrain much more varied, loads of weather stuff that's new to me. I was in a fire storm on one hot planet, with super strong winds and my shield was getting eaten up like it was nothing. Couldn't last outside my ship for more than about 20 seconds and I couldn't see anything. There are huge cave systems underground, love gravity moons, huge planet worms that burst out of the ground and fly off somewhere, these things are really big, like 20x the size of my ship.

Lot's of surprises everywhere, like ships showing up in space with bounties on their head, you can take them down for some easy money and rep. The multiplayer stuff is all new to me as well and it seems pretty basic but this is why I like it. There are missions you can take from a summonable station called The Anomaly, and these missions open you up to form parties with other players so you can take them on together (solo also an option). The credits you get for beating Anomaly missions are unique and can be spent on new character parts like helmets and gloves, plus stuff like rainbow rocket boost effect, or stealth black starship trails. Cool stuff! doesn't seem like too much of a grind either, but you might have trouble if you start doing these missions right away as there are requirements and upgrades you might need to finish a mission.

What gets me is how easy it is to do what you want now. Fast travel between different systems is free! so the further out you warp, the more places you can return to later whenever you want. I remember being affraid to launch off in my star ship as it cost launch fuel to do so and it was always annoying to have to keep filling that up. Now the fuel is really easy to obtain and you can install fuel regenerators so while you're away it regains fuel from nothing. Traveling around still has loading screens but those are way shorter on PS5, and the game uses the adaptive triggers in useful ways. When your multitool heats up from firing, the trigger gets harder to keep pressed in, which is useful for getting max dmg out of it and also not maxing out your heat.

I have so much to do!

Comment

An entire generation come and gone, PS5 version still looks absolutely awful and just isn’t fun to play. Gameplay loop is still crap, inverted management still completely donkey pap.

Credit to the devs for carrying on with it but its still a fundamentally un fun game.

Comment

Working...
                      X