No announcement yet.

E3 2019 General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keanu Reeves?! You have to give that a clap.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
      Anyway, what are we looking at console-wise? Just faster or a big jump?
      The rumours are generally similar for both:
      • Zen 2 CPUs
      • Navi GPU architecture - soon coming on PC.
      • Either GDDR6 or HBM2 RAM or mixture of. The rumours were saying 16GB + 8GB for PS5.
      • Faster I/O so much better loading times, maybe PCI-e/M.2 drives or some form of Intel Optane-like tech.

Both Sony and MS have mentioned 8K, Ray Tracing and faster loading times. But as wakka said Sony did demo Spiderman being near instant. Probably fair to say that CPU is going to be a big leap this gen.

It's all mostly conjecture as neither has talked detail yet, although guys like Digital Foundry clearly have some info and probably will be putting together guesswork vids soon.
      Last edited by Digfox; 09-06-2019, 22:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
        Game Pass as a whole came off brilliantly today. The PC announcement, all those day one indies/middle tier stuff and a few more big hitters this month.
        And Metro! Screw you epic!

Comment

Originally posted by huxley View Post
          And Metro! Screw you epic!
          Oh, is that why the cheers were so loud?

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
            Oh, is that why the cheers were so loud?
            Oh yea ��

Comment

I wonder what the loop hole it was in the contract that enabled that

Comment

A number of people quoting this 4 x Xbox One X quote, but the person actually said 'from a pure processing perspective this is 4 times more powerful than the Xbox One X'. Which again is because of that Zen2 CPU. Not 24TFlops lol.

Specs for those that missed it:
                • Custom Zen2 AMD Processor
                • From a processing perspective 4x more powerful than Xbox One X
                • High Bandwidth GDDR6
                • Capable of 120 Frames Per Second
                • 8k Capable
                • Ray Tracing
                • Variable Refresh Rate
                • SSD that allows usage as virtual memory

Comment

I don't know whether it's true but discussion on Era earlier when the XBox Scarlett info leaked is that the 8K120fps for XB4 directly relates to the system using HDMI2.1, the system itself will never deliver that in a game so it's meaningless marketing gibberish.

Basically it's a rerun of the head to head between XBO and PS4 at Xmas 2020 but without the marketing stumbles MS made last gen.

Personally, this was a solid show from MS. There's a few decent things to watch for there, nothing that will sweat Sony for skipping this years show but at least a continuation of the theme that MS is learning from its mistakes this gen.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                    Employee-only. I got it to almost £7,000 by myself. Hopefully the butterfly keyboard holds out.
                    What do you mean by 'employee only'?

Back on topic - is anyone staying up for Bethesda? Just had to abandon a pal I watched Xbox with online who lives in California and therefore is sitting waiting to watch in comfort rather than crawling to bed knackered.

Comment

I'm not staying up for the whole thing just long enough because I just want the Kitty Cat for TESO.

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                      I don't know whether it's true but discussion on Era earlier when the XBox Scarlett info leaked is that the 8K120fps for XB4 directly relates to the system using HDMI2.1, the system itself will never deliver that in a game so it's meaningless marketing gibberish.
                      At this stage Sony and MS are just playing buzzword bingo with what little detail they are speaking about their specs.
                      Last edited by Digfox; 09-06-2019, 23:35.

Comment

The in-house BE3 woopers are better than MS.

And they start talking about their first game...The Elder Scrolls Blades...and new content. This is a bad start.

- And Blades on Switch.
                        - And now talking about Fallout 76...new content
                        - Fallout 52 player battle royale.

And that's all for Bethesda Game Studios. Very muted Todd Howard this year, very self aware and therefore really careful with his words.

OK much more interesting, CGI again, but much more intriguing Ghostwire: Tokyo.

Zenimax Online's turn. Woot - TESO part, a cool CGI trailer, and some small DLC for later this year announced, but not much this close to Elsweyr.
                        Now Commander Keen is back...but it's a mobile game.

Now Pete Hines talking about Fallout Shelter on mobile. And Elder Scrolls: Legends their CCG. Mobile trailer for some new cards.
                        And now talking about Rage 2.

Now showing the 2 Wolfenstein games they announced last year, VR CyberPilot & Youngblood.

Now I've done enough for my TESO Kitty I'm off. Unfortunately rumours were true and barely anything to see here at this Bethesda presentation. Indeed it's bit of a car crash. Maybe it'll get better now I'm out.

LATE EDIT: Apparently someone ejected from audience although I missed that bit. Audience can't be real though.
                        Last edited by Digfox; 10-06-2019, 21:58.

Comment

Not sure how a Battle Royale is going to work in Fallout 76 given how bad the combat is ... and the player count.

And bloody hell, that audience. It's these people that allow Bethesda to get away with making profits from terrible games.

Still, at least the additional content for Fallout 76 isn't paid for DLC - that would have been a total mickey take.
                          Last edited by MartyG; 10-06-2019, 05:29.

Comment

The things I like so far:

Cyberpunk 2077 release date (and Keanu being told he's breathtaking)
                            Dying Light 2. Really enjoyed the first.
                            MS talking about the new console. It's an odd one though, i don't remember anyone talking about new consoles a whole year before the PS4/Xbone. Can't wait to see something running on this hardware. It should look insanely good.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                              And bloody hell, that audience..
                              Yea, it was clearly a mixture of journo's, influencers and employees. Very fake.

If public had been in that, there would have been some booing. Particularly at stuff like Commander Keen or ES: Blades on Switch.

Kind of mirrors the E3 show so far just very little 'actual' new games or content. Reminds of 2012, when Watchdogs was giving us a glimpse of the new hardware which everyone knew was coming but a year away.

Comment

Blade on Switch lowers the overall quality of the console's game library. Waiting for chests to open - true Elder Scrolls.

Doom Eternal looked very good, but it wasn't worth watching 90 minutes for and definitely not worth staying up until 2am.

Comment

Working...
                                X