No announcement yet.

Blizzcon 2018 - 'Do you guys not have phones?'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't if anyone here has been watching this, or paying attention to Blizzcon 2019? Tbh I've just looked at the Trailers rather than watch any of it.

FWIW I think Blizzard still have that something when it comes to their cinematic announcement trailers. Definitely for the fans. Good to see Diablo back although monitisation probably the key worry. It looked to me like the Diablo 3 engine just any colours taken out. But maybe that's unfair or just my ignorance.

Always intrigued to see what they do with WoW. Overwatch 2 I'm not sure what to think although I would love fully featured and rich PVE. However the cynic in me just things this is a relatively easy money grab rather than a real developed sequel.

I feel for many the apology from J. Allen Brack won't carry much weight. More detail will come from the event, although most at the moment seems to be streamers being used to promote the announcements. I've seen very little protests other than one Winnie the Pooh in the opening crowd.

Comment

Diablo IV for me is the sole part that looks interesting to any degree, OW2 couldn't look more like DLC if it tried.

Comment

I loved the Diablo IV cinematic. Delightfully evil. One of Blizzard's best in recent years.

Whilst I love the return to darker, grittier style, the leaked early screenshots are a bit of a letdown. Looks like more Diablo 3 with very limited character options etc. Maybe a sign of how much longer development it needs.

Although I loved D3 immensely, especially with what it became with 2.x updates and Reaper of Souls, Blizzard has tough competition now from Grinding Gear Games and Path of Exile. So I'm arguably less excited than when I first saw D3.
        Last edited by Digfox; 02-11-2019, 01:35.

Comment

Looked much better than Diablo 3 from the gameplay trailer. It sounded like you can actually apply skill points and make proper choices in how you build you character which is the thing I hated about Diablo 3.

Comment

According to Diablo IV director Louis Barriga, the game will be always online with a persistent world and it's not going to be released soon, "not even Blizzard soon", quoting him.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoju View Post
              Looked much better than Diablo 3 from the gameplay trailer. It sounded like you can actually apply skill points and make proper choices in how you build you character which is the thing I hated about Diablo 3.
              Watched some of the Twitch streams including Rhykker and Bludd. The skills and the way you swap six of them out looks very D3 to me. The Talent screen looks a bit more in-depth.

I also watched Rhykker take on a Open-World boss with loads of other players running around. I quite liked this.

As an aside in watching Blizzcon I strayed into someone playing Grim Dawn. After being burned out on isometric ARPGs I never did try this. I'm mildly tempted to now.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                Watched some of the Twitch streams including Rhykker and Bludd. The skills and the way you swap six of them out looks very D3 to me. The Talent screen looks a bit more in-depth.

I also watched Rhykker take on a Open-World boss with loads of other players running around. I quite liked this.

As an aside in watching Blizzcon I strayed into someone playing Grim Dawn. After being burned out on isometric ARPGs I never did try this. I'm mildly tempted to now.
                I've been interested in this as well but from what I understand it has the same issue as Titan's Quest, which is to say, it massively overstays its welcome with the last act. Might still be worth picking up on sale though and at least for Titan's Quest, there was an option to play the game at double speed which was really welcome.

As for these new game announcements, I'm not interested personally and that apology was a joke. i'm pretty sure that streamer's still banned right?

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                  I've been interested in this as well but from what I understand it has the same issue as Titan's Quest, which is to say, it massively overstays its welcome with the last act. Might still be worth picking up on sale though and at least for Titan's Quest, there was an option to play the game at double speed which was really welcome.

As for these new game announcements, I'm not interested personally and that apology was a joke. i'm pretty sure that streamer's still banned right?
                  Grim Dawn is currently only £5.99 on GOG, and will almost certainly be reduced in the upcoming Steam Black Friday or Xmas sales.

The Hearthstone eSports player is still banned for six-months. The apology from Blizzard was PR checklist rather than anything meaningful or genuine.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                    The Hearthstone eSports player is still banned for six-months. The apology from Blizzard was PR checklist rather than anything meaningful or genuine.
                    So much for being committed to "everyone's right to express themselves, in all kinds of ways, in all kinds of places".

Comment

I know it's very early but I don't know why they'd want to show off some footage of level 4 characters (at most) killing handfuls of mobs. Who is that trying to appeal to, exactly? It's in no way comparable to the action you see after just a couple of hours on D3, let alone with a competitive endgame build where you spend 99.9999% of your time. It makes it look bad, more than anything.

Comment

Probably because 90% of the purchases are made to people that are not going to see that end game, same thing with Destiny, advertise to everyone but most of the player base will never get anywhere near the end game.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                          I know it's very early but I don't know why they'd want to show off some footage of level 4 characters (at most) killing handfuls of mobs. Who is that trying to appeal to, exactly? It's in no way comparable to the action you see after just a couple of hours on D3, let alone with a competitive endgame build where you spend 99.9999% of your time. It makes it look bad, more than anything.
                          They did it to try and save some face after last year, I suspect. Having a "proper" Diablo IV will placate people; so when the mobile one comes out, Blizzard can be bold-faced in responding to the criticism.

Comment

Working...
                          X