Analogue Mega Sg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beecee View Post
    Both the SG and NT are available and ships in 24/48 hrs and now has combined shipping.
    Typical. My SG arrived this morning. Ah well. Time to get firmware updated, jailbreak applied, HDMI switch and a suitable PSU.

Comment

Ordered a JP unit just now, just couldn't resist any longer. Wireless controller and a 3.5mm port on the system sealed the deal for me. I'll probably still pick up the MD Classic in September as a collector's item. So looking forward to setting up my Sg. As much as I'm a Nintendo fan boy, I have a much stronger connection with the MD than I have with the SFC
      Last edited by Nico87; 08-05-2019, 10:00.

Comment

I’ve set up my SG in the living room. I don’t think I’ve played any of the modern consoles it shares the TV with since then. Hats off to Kevtris for his efforts I’ve had no issues with it at all. It genuinely is better than the real thing. The audio reproduction is first class.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
          I’ve set up my SG in the living room. I don’t think I’ve played any of the modern consoles it shares the TV with since then. Hats off to Kevtris for his efforts I’ve had no issues with it at all. It genuinely is better than the real thing. The audio reproduction is first class.
          Is the jailbreak FW enough or do I have to install it on top of the official one? The GitHub page makes it sound like you only need the JB FW.

Have you messed around with any settings yet? I'm planning to use FirebrandX's video and audio settings.

Looks like I'll be getting mine in around 48 hours but my 8Bitdo pad won't be here before Tuesday. Will have to visit my Mum as I'm fairly sure I still have my boxed MD there somewhere. Really wish Analogue would stock the pads they're marketing the system with.
          Last edited by Nico87; 08-05-2019, 15:16.

Comment

I installed the official software first as it was a lot newer than what was onboard. I just wanted to test the system first. I was just going to get an Everdrive but curiosity got the better of me and I installed the jailbreak firmware. Just running carts and a SD card now.
            Settings wise I’ve used FBX’s settings for 720p, no scanlines or border trimming. On the audio side I’ve went for high quality audio , no ladder effect or low pass filter. Sounds amazing.

You’ll likely need to update the 8Bitdo pad but that’s straightforward. It’s a very good pad. Feels similar to the 6 button Sega pad and I can’t detect any input lag.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
              I installed the official software first as it was a lot newer than what was onboard. I just wanted to test the system first. I was just going to get an Everdrive but curiosity got the better of me and I installed the jailbreak firmware. Just running carts and a SD card now.
              Settings wise I’ve used FBX’s settings for 720p, no scanlines or border trimming. On the audio side I’ve went for high quality audio , no ladder effect or low pass filter. Sounds amazing.

You’ll likely need to update the 8Bitdo pad but that’s straightforward. It’s a very good pad. Feels similar to the 6 button Sega pad and I can’t detect any input lag.
              Yeah already downloaded the controller firmware. What type of tv/size are you playing on? I've got a 4K 55" myself, torn between 1080p and 720p settings. Gonna check 1080p 4x settings vs 720p
              Last edited by Nico87; 08-05-2019, 21:12.

Comment

I’m also using a 55” 4K TV. The Mega Drive outputs 240p so setting the SG for 720p means line tripling then a further 3 times scale provided by the TV. 240 to 1080 isn’t a neat integer scale it’s a 4.5x scale.

Comment

Argh, it didn't come with a wall adapter. Does anyone know if the SNES Mini USB adapter will work? It says 5v 1.5A on it while the included power adapter says 5V 2100mA.

Nevermind, apparently you can power it with the Xbox One USB ports! My One X truly is retro heaven
                  Last edited by Nico87; 10-05-2019, 10:59.

Comment

I’m running my SG from a phone charging brick! Puts out 2.1 amps and seems to work fine.

Comment

Got the M30 2.4g pad today as well. Absolutely flawless, though I wish they had included a Torx T6 bit for updating the firmware on the receiver . Doesn't look like mine needs it but I guess I'll do it later just to make sure

Comment

I caved and bought a Mega SG today. Got to say, analogue were fast on shipping. Had the tracking number sent to me within 4 hours of ordering it. I'm an idiot though. Went and bought the US version when I wanted the Japanese one. Oh well.
                        Last edited by Yakumo; 10-05-2019, 23:45.

Comment

Yes, they're fast, it took ~32 hours from ordering until it arrived here in Norway. I think the American one looks amazing as well, I actually thought that was the Japanese one when I first saw the images. It's not like the power/reset buttons are super visible anyway as the power LED takes focus. Mine is stored on a shelf inside the TV table/bench and there's no way in hell I can tell what color the reset button is Hope that helps!

It's a wonderful little machine, I recommend checking out FirebrandX's video and audio guides on YouTube while you wait for it.

I'd prob get a Super NT as well if it had a 3.5mm port

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                            When and bought the US version when I wanted the Japanese one. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Nico87 View Post
                              Yes, they're fast, it took ~32 hours from ordering until it arrived here in Norway. I think the American one looks amazing as well, I actually thought that was the Japanese one when I first saw the images. It's not like the power/reset buttons are super visible anyway as the power LED takes focus. Mine is stored on a shelf inside the TV table/bench and there's no way in hell I can tell what color the reset button is Hope that helps!

It's a wonderful little machine, I recommend checking out FirebrandX's video and audio guides on YouTube while you wait for it.

I'd prob get a Super NT as well if it had a 3.5mm port
                              Im way ahead of you. Been checking out Firebrand's recommended settings. When I bought the Super NT I spent so much time messing about getting it just the way I like it. I don't want to do that with the Mega SG especially on the sound front. I trust firebrand to have the perfect settings.

Comment

Originally posted by gamelife View Post
                                not sure if this has been mentioned but if you contact FedEx you can ask them for a £12 refund, as they add this on themselves as a 'release fee' which isn't actually legal (it's nothing to do with customs and you can see the breakdown of this added cost on the notice). I got a £12 credit after paying the £41 for customs. sly gits
                                Thanks to your advice I also received the £12 refund from FedEx.

Comment

Working...
                                X