This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    What do people I Japan think of all this, Randombs?
    "Borisu Johno-san? Baka!"

Comment

I won't lie, it's almost enough to make you retroactively feel a tiny bit bad for May seeing the full extent of what she had to deal with in her own party...

Almost.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
        I won't lie, it's almost enough to make you retroactively feel a tiny bit bad for May seeing the full extent of what she had to deal with in her own party...
        It's kinda like what I said when things started to go badly for her. This doesn't excuse her actions, but the moment the party smelled blood in the water, they tore into her like sharks - conveniently forgetting that none of them had taken the chance to stand up and be counted when they could've thrown their hat into the ring to be PM 6 months earlier.

Comment

May was doomed from day 1, that much is certain. And at the time, even with the deal debacle and criticism, I believed and mostly still do that nobody was going to much better. If any better. But she should have known she was doomed, and I think she probably must have so I struggle sometimes to see what she got from it other than being PM for a while. It has always been a poisoned chalice but everybody knows that and it’s hard to feel any sympathy for her given that she also would have known it and took the job anyway and tried to play that game.

Comment

She was doomed not from day 1 but only after she gambled to call a snap GE on the basis that she was then well ahead in polls over Corbyn. Then that went completely against her and destroyed the Tory majority and her bargaining position. Where we are now is basically down to 2 party political Tory gambles that backfired. The 1st by Cameron, the 2nd by May.

Comment

She could never get a decent Brexit deal passed. It was always going to end in failure, one way or another.

Comment

Jacob Rees-Mogg practically lying down on the front bench

On the plus side, his comments to that doctor yesterday were the "straw that broke the camels back" for Philip Lee and his defection to the Lib Dems.

Comment

MPs have defeated Boris Johnson and voted in favour of giving MPs control of this weeks parliamentary timetable to block No Deal on 31 Oct. Expect a GE in 3... 2... 1...

Comment

Johnson responds to his failure today by stating that tomorrow he will table a motion to call a General Election as he will not accept the Bill being discussed tomorrow. Leadsom has already confirmed that the Tory's have lost their stiffness for punishing rebel MPs today and will 'give them a second chance' to fall in line tomorrow on voting over the Bill

Corbyn has responded that if Johnson will not adhere to the Bill then Labour will not support Johnson and give him the numbers he needs in calling an early General Election.

Maybe it's just been a busy day but... could... could it be the opposition parties are finally getting their act together in these final days?

Comment

You mean the final days of the UK, right?

Comment

Quite likely, interested to see how tomorrow goes. If the other parties refuse to give Johnson the go ahead for a GE and he loses the prorogument court case then in 24hrs much of his plans will have spiralled apart. We're locked in for a GE now but it may not end up being on his terms and in any case it's now set to be be an informal second referendum of sorts too with Johnson taking the Tories and No Deal up against Labour and a true Second Referendum

Comment

Fair play to those rebel MPs, they sacrificed their careers tonight.

Also quite impressed with Corbyn's response to Johnson.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                                What do people I Japan think of all this, Randombs?
                                Haven't a clue.

There was something about it on the news today but I flicked over to the Korean drama I like. Japanese morning TV makes me want to swap places with Rees-Mogg at the glue factory. Korean dramas are nice and calm and perfect for drowsy mornings.

Comment

Working...
                                X