PVM monitor BNC -> RGB problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PVM monitor BNC -> RGB problem

Picked up a PVM1454QM yesterday, seems to work fine through s-video but today I received the BNC to RGB cable from retrogamingcables and it doesn't seem to give me a clear image.

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

I've tried pushing all of the buttons on the front, plugging the cables into different plugs, and to be honest I don't understand what the menus do so wondering whether there's some kind of setting I'm not understanding or whether the cable is faulty.

I've tried it using an MVS, US SNES and Turbo Grafx (RGB modded) so far.
    I can't even get sound with the US SNES, and same scrambled picture problem with all three consoles.

Any help appreciated.

Video unavailable?

Post a pic of the way you have wired it up at the back mate. Make sure the sync plug is in and set to external

Comment

Doesn't look like it's syncing, but could also be something else. As dvdx2 says post your wiring setup. Which RGB lead did you buy, as in what does it sync on?
      3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Sorry, using my Japanese laptop chose the wrong option on Youtube. Should work now.

using this cable

inputs
        https://twitter.com/KOFUK/status/1025066587110420480

Comment

Looks like external sync is off (should be a button on the front)

Yellow plug on the scart adaptor is sync and it goes in the left bnc entitled sync

I think if the RGB leads where in the wrong corresponding colours, you would get a purple hue etc , but a stable image.

If the sync button doesn’t do it, the pin/lead could be damaged/not soldered properly. Wouldn’t be surprised as it’s retrogamingcables....

Comment

Yellow to ext sync in. Red (line A) to where the yellow was

Check blue and green are in the right place

Make sure the other red goes to audio in (which it seems to be)
            Last edited by dvdx2; 02-08-2018, 17:27.

Comment

I can't see any input pictures. I don't use Twitter so can't access that. It may sync on Luma, not green. Regardless of what they advertise on their site I've found RGCables are often wrong; I found that out the hard way with various monitors and leads.
              3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

thanks!! it was the yellow and red mixed up, and had to put the yellow into the EXT plug.

Comment

Great!

What the story behind this unit? Did it require a road trip to pick up?

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                    Great!

What the story behind this unit? Did it require a road trip to pick up?
                    It's from ITV studio's closing their studio in Waterloo, but had to pick it up from a warehouse in Hayes.
                    Seemed like I could carry it when I picked it up so was just going to carry it back, but gave up by the time I got to Paddington Station and got a black cab home instead.

Comment

Working...
                    X