It should have been ported.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    Yeah, my heart says Saturn, but the head said Dreamcast. Shame it came out just a year too late for a Saturn port, which it could have handled in its sleep. Infact I wish somone would buy the rights to RAIZING games and put all their shooters up on LIVE and PSN
    Already happening slowly We got Garegga and Sorcer Striker recently. Just a matter of time for the rest I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
      +1 for Bakraid. I prefer it to Garegga (shoot me).
      Oh I will, don't worry. But it won't be with some brightly coloured bauble, it'll be with a million metallic bullets that you won't be able to see until it's too late.

Comment

Now we’ve meandered on to the topic of Shmups... how the hell was one of the finest shmups, nay, games, ever crafted - Esp Ra De - never ported to a home console? Is this in with a shout of being the greatest travesty of all those mentioned so far?

Comment

Did the Simpsons arcade game ever get ported to a home console and done justice? I enjoyed that when it did the rounds in the amusement arcades back in the late 80s.

As good as the original killer instinct was on the SNES, a decent home conversion of the original still eludes us.

I would have loved a decent Cadillac & Dinosaurs conversion to a Saturn back in the day... I’d also luv a Punisher & Nick Fury side scroller too!

Comment

I know someone said this on another thread a while back but a Sega racing game pack would be amazing.

Virtua Racing, Daytona 1 and 2, Sega Rally 1 and 2, Sega Touring Cars, Max TT Super Bike, Scud Race, F355 Challenge, Outrun 2 SP.

I'm amazed it hasn't been done as I'm sure it would be popular especially as Scud Race was never ported.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post

Tumblepop would have been great on the MD, SFC & PCE.
              Yeah, good call.

The big mystery to me is why Sega didn’t port more of their Super Scaler and System 32 games to the Saturn.
              They should have created compilations for those sort of games.

Scud Race should have been a launch title for the Dreamcast too.
              People still loved arcade racers back then - and Scud Race was a common and popular machine - so Sega really should have ported it. Supposedly they had a demo up and running, but for some reason decided not to finish it.

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
              I’m gonna have to disagree with you here... both the PCE and Amiga versions are absolutely fantastic and I cannot see what value a SNES port would add. By the way, you do know it’s not actually an arcade port, right?
              I tend to forget it wasn't in the arcades. I just think Taito should have given SNES owners a Rainbow Islands sort of platformer. The colour palette and audio chip in the SNES is perfect for a Taito style platformer.

I’m totally down with Revenge of Death Adder... that should totally have been ported to the Saturn.
              Yeah, there are no excuses. It's crazy that Sega didn't port it.

Everyone goes on about Alien vs Predator, but I much preferred Konami’s Aliens which really deserved a home port.
              I really like both games. I think AVP feels more solid when it comes to gameplay, as Aliens is a bit clunky. The games do contrast each other really well - with Konami going for a colourful art style. I wish both games had been ported to 32-bit consoles.

it was surprising WWF Wrestlefest never saw a home port. I guess it was down to none of the 16-bit consoles having the power to do it justice bar the Neo Geo, and a port to that was never going to happen.
              Yeah, it was a truly amazing wrestling game back in the day. It made console wrestling games look pathetic. But I also think the only tech that could have run it at the time was the Neo Geo.

Somebody mentioned that R-Type 2 should’ve been ported to the MD. Never mind that - what about R-Type Leo? I thought that’d be the obvious one.
              It's very strange that Irem didn't port any R-Type game to the MD, or maybe create a new one for the system, seeing it's great hardware for shoot 'em ups. Also, the MD userbase obviously craved shooters.

Mine would be ...

Super Hang On
              The Mega Drive version should have been ported to the Mega CD with ASIC scailing, CD-DA Arcade perfect music and Arcade quality sound effects and they we should have had a Arcade perfect version on the Saturn as part of the Ages range.

Out Run and Turbo Outrun Out Run should have been ported to the Mega CD using the ASIC chip and again then Arcade perfect CD-DA Music and Arcade quality sound effects and then Turbo should have been part on of the Ages range on the Saturn.

Space Harrier, AB II and Galaxy Force II Should have been on the Mega CD using the ASIC chip, Arcade perfect CD-DA music and Arcade quality sound effects. If SEGA had used the ASIC chip for its scalier games (like games like Soul Star, Batman Returns) It would have made the system such a better buy and impressed more people.
              Some people say the hardware couldn't have run perfect ports, but maybe they could have been really close. At the time in 1991-1992, I think lots of people would have loved convincing ports of those classic games.

Battle Bakraid

This gem of a shooter should have been ported to the DC.
              The Dreamcast should have received loads more shooters, especially gems from the late '90s.

Soccer Brawl

Instead of trying to port those huge Meg fighters to the MD and Snes, this game should have been ported. So more could play one of the best football games going.
              It's such a shame that we didn't get Neo Geo compilations for the Saturn, which could have included the excellent Soccer Brawl. I think loads of people would have bought them.

Pulstar

Really should have been ported to the Saturn as well
              Yeah, it should have got a Saturn port.

Originally posted by 112 View Post
              Did the Simpsons arcade game ever get ported to a home console and done justice? I enjoyed that when it did the rounds in the amusement arcades back in the late 80s.
              I guess Konami lost the license by the time the Saturn and PlayStation appeared - two machines that could have run the game well.

As good as the original killer instinct was on the SNES, a decent home conversion of the original still eludes us.
              Sadly the N64 version is rubbish. It's a shame that RARE had to put it on Nintendo's machine, because I think the Saturn and PS1 could have maybe run the original Killer Instinct pretty well.

I would have loved a decent Cadillac & Dinosaurs conversion to a Saturn back in the day... I’d also luv a Punisher & Nick Fury side scroller too!
              Yeah, it's a shame that Capcom didn't port more of its scrolling beat 'em ups to the Saturn.

Originally posted by BigDeadFreak View Post
              I know someone said this on another thread a while back but a Sega racing game pack would be amazing.

Virtua Racing, Daytona 1 and 2, Sega Rally 1 and 2, Sega Touring Cars, Max TT Super Bike, Scud Race, F355 Challenge, Outrun 2 SP.

I'm amazed it hasn't been done as I'm sure it would be popular especially as Scud Race was never ported.
              I mentioned a Sega Arcade Racers compilation. Would be happy with just Virtua Racing, Daytona 1 & 2, and Scud Race. But the more the merrier to make things complete. I'd like a totally arcade perfect OutRun 2 SP.
              Last edited by Leon Retro; 03-08-2018, 23:16.

Comment

Numan Athletics! Could easily have been squeezed onto Super Nintendo.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                  Numan Athletics! Could easily have been squeezed onto Super Nintendo.
                  Yeah, I think it could have worked on the SNES.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post

Captain Commando: It received an OK SNES port, but surely would have run better on the Mega Drive.
                    That's questionable. Street Fighter 2 runs and sounds better on the SNES, imo. Captain Commando might have fared better as a Mega-CD port, but as [MENTION=15014]_SD_[/MENTION] rightly points out, Captain Commando got a JPN-only PS1 port that goes for ridiculous money on Flea-Bay.

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                    Parasol Stars: People loved Taito platformers back in the day, so it's very strange that the company didn't port this game to the SNES.
                    I'm with [MENTION=2587]samanosuke[/MENTION] on this one. There's nothing strange about it - Parasol Stars was originally made with the PCE in mind and a SNES port would've been meh. It's more strange that it didn't get a coin-op release - it was rumoured that Taito were going to do one but decided against it.
                    Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 05-08-2018, 10:24.

Comment

Everyone goes on about Alien vs Predator, but I much preferred Konami’s Aliens which really deserved a home port.
                      Capcom scrapped a planned Sega 32X port of AvP - there were one or two screenshots of it mid-development way back in an issue of Mean Machines Sega iirc.

Comment

R-Type LEO should've had a home port imo. Admittedly, something like that would've been beyond the likes of the 16-bit consoles of the day but I see no reason why it couldn't have been made for the SuperGrafx or the Sharp x68000 or even as part of an IREM compilation for the 32-bit machines.

I would've also loved a port of Seibu-Cup Soccer, especially as the original ROM is STILL unplayable via emulation to the best of my knowledge.
                        Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 05-08-2018, 10:24.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                          That's questionable. Street Fighter 2 runs and sounds better on the SNES, imo. Captain Commando might have fared better as a Mega-CD port, but as @_SD_ rightly points out, Capatin Commando got a JPN-only PS1 port that goes for ridiculous money on Flea-Bay.
                          A MCD port would have made sense. It's strange that the PS1 version wasn't part of a compilation and came out in 1998.

I'm with @samanosuke on this one. There's nothing strange about it - Parasol Stars was originally made with the PCE in mind and a SNES port would've been meh.
                          Well, there are plenty of cross platform games, so I think Parasol Stars might have been welcomed on the SNES. I've always thought it was strange that Taito didn't deliver a really nice platformer for the SNES, seeing people had loved games like Bubble Bobble, Rainbow Islands, and The New Zealand Story. Maybe a new special Super Bubble Bobble could have attracted attention more than Parasol Stars. It's a shame it didn't happen.

Capcom scrapped a planned Sega 32X port of AvP - there were one or two screenshots of it mid-development way back in an issue of Mean Machines Sega iirc.

or even as part of an IREM compilation for the 32-bit machines.
                          Should have been on a compilation for the Saturn & PlayStation.

I would've also loved a port of Seibu-Cup Soccer, especially as the origjnal ROM is STILL unplayable via emulation to the best of my knowledge.
                          I wonder if would have run on the SNES or Mega Drive? Looks more like a Neo Geo style footy game.
                          Last edited by Leon Retro; 04-08-2018, 14:36.

Comment

As far as I’m aware, the only formats to get a home port were the PC and the C64...
                            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Capcom really should've ported Battle Circuit. As Capcom's final 2D scrolling beat-em-up, that game really was end-of-an-era stuff and it is kinda sad imo that not a lot of people outside of the emulation enthusiasts got to play it, especially as it originally didn't get a release in North American arcades.

Comment

Dear Irem

Please bring Ninja Baseball Bat Man to PSN

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X