No announcement yet.

It should have been ported.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If nobody said Fighting Layer yet, that.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
      Was the Wii version any good?
      I read bad reviews, so didn't go near it. Graphically it's nowhere near as nice as the 360/PS3 version

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
      If nobody said Fighting Layer yet, that.
      Yeah, it's strange it didn't get ported. I have no idea if it's any good, but it looks to have some fun elements to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
        I read bad reviews, so didn't go near it. Graphically it's nowhere near as nice as the 360/PS3 version
        Ah, I thought that might be the case. Just looked at the cover and it looks like the cars wer updated with modern hot hatches too No old Golf Gti, no Renault 5, no thanks.

Comment

I saw a lot listed that I would post but I always wished Sega had also released the arcade Shadow Dancer on the Megadrive. That was what I really wanted back then as I loved the coinop.

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
            but I always wished Sega had also released the arcade Shadow Dancer on the Megadrive. That was what I really wanted back then as I loved the coinop.
            Yeah, I think a lot of people would have wanted a straight port of the arcade version.

Comment

Remember being disappointed that MD ESWAT wasn't an arcade port. Then again, isn't it reckoned to be better? Don't know either game well enough

Comment

I, Robot would have been cool on the Atari ST & Amiga

Comment

Originally posted by roachie View Post
                  Remember being disappointed that MD ESWAT wasn't an arcade port. Then again, isn't it reckoned to be better? Don't know either game well enough
                  I think the MD version is said to be the better game by a lot of people. I was never fond of either, so haven't played them much.

I, Robot would have been cool on the Atari ST & Amiga
                  I was playing that the other day. It uses a 3D co-processor to deliver 2000 polygons per second. I'm not sure how many polygons the A500 can push per second. I'd guess it couldn't run I, Robot at a decent speed, but you would think it might be able to run on an Amiga with clever programming.

Comment

Good point - Jaguar then? Not sure it'd have sold well on anything, but I've always thought there's something special about it

Comment

SNK should have made a lightgun for the Neo•Geo so they could have released an AES/MVS port of Beast Busters, plus a few more compatible titles.

And Monkey Ball would have been fantastic on the Dreamcast, but only if they made an accompanying banana-joystick controller...

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                        I think the MD version is said to be the better game by a lot of people. I was never fond of either, so haven't played them much.
                        FWIW, the Master System version of ESWAT is a port of the coin-op. I am also of the opinion that the coin-op is superior to the MD port - could never get along with it.

It's the same situation with Shadow Dancer - the MD port is an adaptation whereas the MS game is actually a port of the coin-op. But I actually consider MD Shadow Dancer to now be the best Shinobi game on the MD.
                        Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 02-09-2018, 07:59.

Comment

Good point - Jaguar then? Not sure it'd have sold well on anything, but I've always thought there's something special about it
                          I think there's something special about it, so it's a game I go back to quite often. It would definitely work on the Jaguar, so if someone made a homebrew version, I think it might sell well. People buy all sorts of new Jaguar games.

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post

And Monkey Ball would have been fantastic on the Dreamcast, but only if they made an accompanying banana-joystick controller...

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                            The Wii version is rather expensive these days which makes me think it may be good.
                            The Wii version, which is the only I've played, is abysmal.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                              Capcom really should've ported Battle Circuit. As Capcom's final 2D scrolling beat-em-up, that game really was end-of-an-era stuff and it is kinda sad imo that not a lot of people outside of the emulation enthusiasts got to play it, especially as it originally didn't get a release in North American arcades.
                              Battle Circuit (and Armored Warriors) will be getting first-time-ever home ports as part of the upcoming Capcom Beat-'em-up Bundle for Nintendo Switch, so clearly Capcom were reading this thread!

Comment

Would like to have seen a PC Engine version of Rolling Thunder as Namco bunged a load of arcade hits on it early doors.

Comment

Working...
                                X