No announcement yet.

It should have been ported.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I played Night Slashers today and thought it would have been perfect for the Saturn. I definitely would have bought a copy back in the day.

Comment

I know I’ve played that somewhere on a Sega Megalo cabinet... it was the same arcade that had two other Megalos linked up running 4-player Captain Commando.

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
        I know I’ve played that somewhere on a Sega Megalo cabinet...
        Who could forget a horror-themed scrolling beat 'em up. I wasn't lucky enough to play it back in the day, but when I managed to play it using MAME, it became one of my favourite arcade games. The whole design is top notch, with a lot of effort gone into making the action really fun and memorable. It's such a shame that we didn't get a port to the Saturn.

Comment

AB COB - Mega CD will full ASIC scailing

Indiana Jones and the fate of Atlantis - Mega CD using the Amiga code, but with full voice acting.

Monkey Island 2 - Mega CD, Again using the Amiga code, but with the PC's voice acting vocals.

Armed Police Batrider - Should have been on the Dreamcast.

Desert Tank - Really should have had a Net link version of the Sega Saturn.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
            Erm...the Saturn did get perfect CPS-II and Neo ports. The RAM cartridge was pretty much spot-on for the job.
            The Neo Geo ports weren't quite perfect. They had load times and missing frames of animation.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDeadFreak View Post
              The Neo Geo ports weren't quite perfect. They had load times and missing frames of animation.
              Really? I could've sworn, for one, that the Saturn port of KoF '95 was pretty much spot-on.

Which Saturn Neo titles weren't?

Comment

Originally posted by BigDeadFreak View Post
                Since when did load times = Not Arcade perfect. That's like saying Dreamcast and Neo Geo CD ports weren't perfect only becasue of load times, never mind the countless Arcade perfect Arcade ports to the PS2, Saturn and PS. IMO for most of the 1Meg SaturnSNK ports were all but perfect, bar less sound samples, that's why for the ports came just a little short

When it comes to SF III it was the sheer number of frames that would have been the issue, has Capcom told SEGA Saturn mag in a interview. Spec wise the Saturn had the same CPU (only faster and with a 2nd Slave CPU) the same number of backgrounds, but could handle more sprites but you would be looking at a Huge Ram cart to get it to handle the number of frames of animation.

But one could have also had a cutdown port to the 4 Meg Cart, but with the DC and PS2 around the corner, there was little point I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                  Indiana Jones and the fate of Atlantis - Mega CD using the Amiga code, but with full voice acting.
                  It Came From the Desert with full voice acting would have also been welcomed.

Armed Police Batrider - Should have been on the Dreamcast.
                  It's a shame we didn't get that and other late-90s, early 2000s shoot 'em ups.

Desert Tank - Really should have had a Net link version of the Sega Saturn.
                  Yeah, could have been fun in the home. I'd have been interested in it.

When it comes to SF III it was the sheer number of frames that would have been the issue, has Capcom told SEGA Saturn mag in a interview. Spec wise the Saturn had the same CPU (only faster and with a 2nd Slave CPU) the same number of backgrounds, but could handle more sprites but you would be looking at a Huge Ram cart to get it to handle the number of frames of animation.
                  Yeah, the amount of frames of animation would have been the problem. Maybe even an 8MB cart wouldn't have been enough. Capcom probably decided it would be more sensible to wait for the next gen machines.

Comment

I regret never buying GTI Club+ when it came out on PSN.
                    You can no longer buy it because of an expired licence and I don't think it ever had a physical release.
                    I loved the physical handbrake in the arcade, but the tight courses and shortcuts made it feel like you were in The Italian Job.

Some nice choices on here:

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      You can no longer buy it because of an expired licence and I don't think it ever had a physical release.
                      I also wish I had bought it. And also After Burner Climax. Two games I'd love to have on my 360.

Some nice choices on here:
                      I think I would have had quite a bit of fun with Planet Harriers if it had come out on the Dreamcast.

I might buy one of these if I win the lottery.
                      Last edited by Leon Retro; 14-08-2018, 14:43.

Comment

I was playing Super Monkey Ball today, and thought that the arcade original - simply called 'Monkey Ball' and runs on Naomi hardware - should have been ported to the Dreamcast as a nice swan song for the machine. The arcade game isn't as technically advanced as the later Super version for the GameCube, so I think the Dreamcast could have run a decent port.

Look here: https://segaretro.org/Monkey_Ball

Comment

Me too. I didn't buy it as I didn't think it captured enough of what I loved about the arcade, but I still wish I had. A proper snooze and lose.

Was the Wii version any good?

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                            Me too. I didn't buy it as I didn't think it captured enough of what I loved about the arcade, but I still wish I had. A proper snooze and lose.

Was the Wii version any good?
                            The Wii version is rather expensive these days which makes me think it may be good.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                              The Wii version is rather expensive these days which makes me think it may be good.
                              Legend of Success Joe currently goes for >£600 so I’d be wary about assuming such a correlation.

Comment

Yeah but Neo Geo prices are insane.

Comment

Working...
                                X