Star Trek: Picard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Trek: Picard

Looks like Patrick Stewart has confirmed that the speculation is now official. A new Star Trek spin-off is coming to CBS Access following on from the success the network has enjoyed with Star Trek: Discovery.

The new show will be lead by Stewart returning to the role of Jean Luc Picard twenty years on from the events of Star Trek: Nemesis in the Prime Timeline. No longer a Captain, the show will explore new facets of Picards life in his twilight years.

Sounds like Picard: the Retirement years. Pass.

Comment

I'm in. Could be good.

Comment

Hmm

I watched that episode recently in the next gen, in which he goes back to earth to visit his brother and focuses on their broken relationship.

Bit of a snooze fest if I am honest......

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
          Hmm

I watched that episode recently in the next gen, in which he goes back to earth to visit his brother and focuses on their broken relationship.

Bit of a snooze fest if I am honest......
          Oh, come on. That episode immediately follows "The Best of Both Worlds" two-parter and we needed to see Picard take some personal time afterward while he dealt with his shame and guilt. Seeing him springing back into action after the Battle of Wolf 359 and being assimilated would've been a bit much. Also- if it's of any consolation- René and Robert Picard died off-screen in a fire in Generations, so they won't be back.

I expect this new series will have elements of the flinty, gruff Picard we see in "All Good Things...", where he has to come to terms with not being a captain any longer. I'm excited about it after Stewart's performance in Logan- he could still bring an interesting new angle to an ageing Picard, particularly if he hasn't become a boring Starfleet admiral. Another question will be whether or not Discovery will influence the look and feel of the show- I'd like to see some designs rooted in the TNG-era and hopefully not the Klingons with the bulbous heads that Discovery has introduced.

Comment

That’s an interesting question - will it be more Discovery than Next Gen? I liked Discovery on the whole but, yeah, I would hope this carries on the Next Gen design look rather than Discovery.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
              That’s an interesting question - will it be more Discovery than Next Gen? I liked Discovery on the whole but, yeah, I would hope this carries on the Next Gen design look rather than Discovery.
              Captain! Disappointment anomaly approaching at warp 4...

Comment

Originally posted by Decider-VT View Post
                Oh, come on. That episode immediately follows "The Best of Both Worlds" two-parter and we needed to see Picard take some personal time afterward while he dealt with his shame and guilt. Seeing him springing back into action after the Battle of Wolf 359 and being assimilated would've been a bit much. Also- if it's of any consolation- René and Robert Picard died off-screen in a fire in Generations, so they won't be back.

I expect this new series will have elements of the flinty, gruff Picard we see in "All Good Things...", where he has to come to terms with not being a captain any longer. I'm excited about it after Stewart's performance in Logan- he could still bring an interesting new angle to an ageing Picard, particularly if he hasn't become a boring Starfleet admiral. Another question will be whether or not Discovery will influence the look and feel of the show- I'd like to see some designs rooted in the TNG-era and hopefully not the Klingons with the bulbous heads that Discovery has introduced.
                No I get that - it was just more like an ep of eastenders than Star Trek for me

Comment

Can't be worse than Discovery.

I'm looking forward to Picard teaming up with Vash again and going on archaeological digs

Comment

Working...
                  X