Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PS1 memory card manager for use on actual PS1??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS1 memory card manager for use on actual PS1??

OK, bit of a weird problem. I cannot access the BIOS on my PS1, but need to use the system to manage my memory cards. Solutions?

I found a homebrew piece of software that allows you to delete saves on MC1 and copy PocketStation saves from a disc to it, but you can't access MC2 or transfer saves between MC1 and MC2. So it's alright, but not great.

Someone suggested an Action Replay version which comes with a built in memory manager. But from what I've seen, the versions I've tested either lack a memory manager or rerquire a memory card dongle, thereby preventing the copying between two cards.

I do not wish to use any solution that involves putting PS1 cards in a PS2 or on my PC. I want to be able to manage the data via the PS1 itself. Either through an official utility disc, AR product, or homebrew.

Any suggestions?

Alternatively, are there any PS1 games which have a robust and easy to use graphics based User Interface for deleting and copy game data? Alien Trilogy allows data to be deleted, but it's text based and struggles with Japanese data.

Cheers in advance.

How about the NTSC-J version of Alien Trilogy? I'd imagine they'd have ironed out the issues with Japanese data (or maybe ditched the interface completely!). https://www.ebay.com/itm/PS-Alien-Tr...n/292679848923
    If it can't copy from MC1 to 2 then it might not be any good for you.

Comment

Does your console revision still have a Parallel I/O port? If so, some Action Replay clones have a memory card manager feature.

Comment

Originally posted by Deuteros View Post
        Does your console revision still have a Parallel I/O port? If so, some Action Replay clones have a memory card manager feature.
        Sadly it was due to using PSIO in the para port that disabled the original MC manager. They've revised it now so this problem is gone.

I did find a homebrew app, but it was worse than the built in MC manager!

Comment

Working...
        X