Special Edition (& weird and wonderful) Consoles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Special Edition (& weird and wonderful) Consoles

The recent posts about the incoming PS4 Pro special edition made me think; what are your favourite consoles that were not the default, original editions?

I've had a few over the years.

This one was pretty good:

It doesn't look like much, but it's the ceramic white slim PS2. This was different to the one I think we got in the UK, which was pearleascent. This one was matte, and had a really nice finish, especially on the pad.

One that got away from me, though, was this one:

A branch of Tsutaya near where I lived had one of these, but it was really expensive and I just couldn't afford it. But in-the-flesh it looked awesome.

I have the Famicom GBA Micro and I love it. I have a few other special edition type handhelds but few come close to that one.

I never had one but the PSone was a lovely design.

Comment

I had the Pokemon Centre Gameboy Micro

I got it for £70 on release from NCSX and loved it dearly. Sadly that same year it was in a bag that was stolen by some pikies from me in a McDonalds while on holiday in Madrid.

It now goes for over £500. Absolutely gutted.

EDIT: I should really let this go, it's not healthy!

Oh, I also have a Ceramic White fat PS2. It's chipped and has an HDD in and it's still my main PS2. Looks really nice side-on on a shelf with my PS2 games.

Often I buy machines at launch so end up with bog standard black or what have you. I want the 500 million PS4 SO bad but at £450 it's not happening :/

Comment

I don’t know how to upload images on here (I’m such a noob) but the Panasonic Q was always a favourite of mine, back in the day...

Comment

Yeah, the Panasonic Q takes it easily.

Comment

Wondermega Model 1 is the best one I own. Also love my Destiny PS4 and Halo Reach XBox 360 and Multi-Mega

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
              The recent posts about the incoming PS4 Pro special edition made me think; what are your favourite consoles that were not the default, original editions?

I've had a few over the years.

This one was pretty good:

It doesn't look like much, but it's the ceramic white slim PS2. This was different to the one I think we got in the UK, which was pearleascent. This one was matte, and had a really nice finish, especially on the pad.
              That's the PS2 I have. I had no idea it was a special edition.

Comment

The Q is a lovely looking bit of kit, but the video output options completely let it down if you ever wanted to use it as was intended. And the GBA player doesn’t match and is fantastically overpriced.

The Divers 2000 CX-1 Dreamcast is another awesome looking machine, but it’s let down by only having a composite connection to the monitor.

And the RG-M1 Wondermega.... yeah, no RGB for you.

Comment

Probably the Famicom GB Micro and the Metroid N3DS XL

Comment

That FFIV Micro (or... Faceplate, if we're being real about it) is bloody lovely.

I've got a copy of an issue of Nintendo Dream which was put out for one of the recent GB anniversaries, and it had a nice little feature with pictures of every limited edition GB (from original through Pocket, Colour, Light, Advance etc). I should try and get some pics of it!

Comment

I used to have the gold Zelda GB Advance. I used to think it looked great, but looking at pictures now...

I really wanted a Sony PSX. I still have no idea what it was and why it was the size of an AV Receiver.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                        I've got a copy of an issue of Nintendo Dream which was put out for one of the recent GB anniversaries, and it had a nice little feature with pictures of every limited edition GB (from original through Pocket, Colour, Light, Advance etc). I should try and get some pics of it!
                        Here we go - https://imgur.com/gallery/RqhGeES

Comment

Love the see through astroboy gameboy and the Pokemon centre gameboy colours . Miku vita and the hello kitty Dreamcast

Comment

Panzer Dragoon Orta Xbox was pretty suave.

Last edited by Colin; 10-08-2018, 19:27.

Comment

I always liked the look of the spice GameCube

Comment

Working...
                              X