No announcement yet.

Raspberry pi help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As mentioned above, these are just parameter files that tell emulationstation what emulators are installed, where the ROMs are located and the command that launches the emulator. It's just they're in a fancy XML format.

Once you wrap your head around that, you'll wonder what the fuss was.

If you're worried, then you can always make a backup image of the memory card you're using in the Pi and restore from that if you become really unstuck.
    Last edited by MartyG; 14-08-2018, 18:49.

Comment

To be fair bud I think I've mastered all I need to on it now to get all the content I want. The only thing beating me is getting Zanac X Zanac running, but it's not the end of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        Oh, I love the look of this one!

Doesn't look like it's Raspberry Pi, though...
        Pandora's box are hideous mate. Avoid.
        3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
          Pandora's box are hideous mate. Avoid.
          Will do, cheers.

It was more the form factor of an arcade in a box I liked.

I've got an Coinops Xbox that tides me over nicely, but I'm keeping an eye open for designs I like.

Comment

I'd love that same set-up [MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION], it looks like a dream come true ... not sure I could cope with the faff though.

I want the rainbow but not the rain

Comment

I could do it for you at this point I've faffed about with it so much.

Comment

I'm geniunely tempted, especially with support available What's the cost of a set-up like that?

Comment

Cost me this -

64Gb Sandisk ultra SD £18
                  Raspberry Pi £34
                  Pi case, psu, fan, heatsinks (which I haven't used) £13

I already had an HDMI lead for it, as well as 8bitdo pads, though I'm mainly using my PS4 pad with it.

So in total it cost me £65 plus the bits I already had.

Comment

You can get bundles like this for about £75:

Comment

I'd try to steer clear of the kits because they're normally overpriced and cheap out with the PSUs (in fact the accessory market for the Pi is over-inflated generally).

The Pi3 can be quite finicky with its power needs so requires a 5V supply that is able to provide the current demands at a consistent level, otherwise you'll start seeing the the lightning icon in the top right corner of the screen (indicating power issues). The price of this kit doesn't look massively inflated, but those pads will be utter garbage, so probably aren't adding much to the value overall.

You can get all the parts separately easily enough from Amazon, ensuring that you're getting quality bits & pieces rather than relying on someone else's choices. If a kit is something you want because it's easier just adding the one thing to the basket, I'd go to Pimoroni as they'll be matching the components because they work well together: https://shop.pimoroni.com/collections/raspberry-pi/kit
                      Last edited by MartyG; 15-08-2018, 11:46.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                        I'd try to steer clear of the kits because they're normally overpriced and cheap out with the PSUs (in fact the accessory market for the Pi is over-inflated generally).

The Pi3 can be quite finicky with its power needs so requires a 5V supply that is able to provide the current demands at a consistent level, otherwise you'll start seeing the the lightning icon in the top right corner of the screen (indicating power issues). The price of this kit doesn't look massively inflated, but those pads will be utter garbage, so probably aren't adding much to the value overall.

You can get all the parts separately easily enough from Amazon, ensuring that you're getting quality bits & pieces rather than relying on someone else's choices. If a kit is something you want because it's easier just adding the one thing to the basket, I'd go to Pimoroni as they'll be matching the components because they work well together: https://shop.pimoroni.com/collections/raspberry-pi/kit
                        Just to echo this, on the PSU front it seems to vary from unit to unit. I've run a Pi3 via a JAMMA board before fine, then tried the same with another unit and it kept coming up with the power symbol. Seems to be the same with overclocking, some have no issues others seem to kick up a stink with identical setups and cards.
                        3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Got Zanac X Zanac working, turned out I had another bios clashing with the one it should've been using.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                            Got Zanac X Zanac working, turned out I had another bios clashing with the one it should've been using.
                            Can you let me know how you sorted that please?

Mine is stalling at the loading screen as well.

Comment

Make sure the only bios you have for the PS in your bios file is SCPH1000 and you should be golden. Once I deleted the other ones that were in there it solved the problem.

Comment

Good man, I'll take a look at that tomorrow.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X