User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    S.Mouse elbow slapper...
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lord Barker BK Wii Code: 3DS: 5000-2698-8757
    Quote Originally Posted by MartyG View Post
    I'd try to steer clear of the kits because they're normally overpriced and cheap out with the PSUs (in fact the accessory market for the Pi is over-inflated generally).

The Pi3 can be quite finicky with its power needs so requires a 5V supply that is able to provide the current demands at a consistent level, otherwise you'll start seeing the the lightning icon in the top right corner of the screen (indicating power issues). The price of this kit doesn't look massively inflated, but those pads will be utter garbage, so probably aren't adding much to the value overall.

You can get all the parts separately easily enough from Amazon, ensuring that you're getting quality bits & pieces rather than relying on someone else's choices. If a kit is something you want because it's easier just adding the one thing to the basket, I'd go to Pimoroni as they'll be matching the components because they work well together: https://shop.pimoroni.com/collections/raspberry-pi/kit
    Just to echo this, on the PSU front it seems to vary from unit to unit. I've run a Pi3 via a JAMMA board before fine, then tried the same with another unit and it kept coming up with the power symbol. Seems to be the same with overclocking, some have no issues others seem to kick up a stink with identical setups and cards.
    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Got Zanac X Zanac working, turned out I had another bios clashing with the one it should've been using.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    Got Zanac X Zanac working, turned out I had another bios clashing with the one it should've been using.
    Can you let me know how you sorted that please?

Mine is stalling at the loading screen as well.

Make sure the only bios you have for the PS in your bios file is SCPH1000 and you should be golden. Once I deleted the other ones that were in there it solved the problem.

Good man, I'll take a look at that tomorrow.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    Make sure the only bios you have for the PS in your bios file is SCPH1000 and you should be golden. Once I deleted the other ones that were in there it solved the problem.

Bingo!!!

Up and running. Thanks a million.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyG View Post
    but those pads will be utter garbage, so probably aren't adding much to the value overall.
    Yeah, those pads - whether American or European style - are rubbish. It's best to buy a Buffalo Super Famicom pad and maybe a USB extension cable if 6ft isn't enough. I made sure to get an official PSU, as I read about problems with third party ones. So you can get a whole quality kit for around 80.
    Last edited by Leon Retro; Yesterday at 07:48 PM.