Retro|Spective 052: Prince of Persia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
    Okay a real clue We're skirting retro but it's a series that's been on three platforms, two that are effectively dead and therefore retro.

Also, we already did Dead Space which was pretty much the same scenario
    House of the Dead

Comment

I remember the first game being on the PCs at school and it seemed so impressive and 'mature'. The fact that the PCs were only for the older kids while we were stuck with BBC Micros only added to the allure. I never really got on with it but always put that down to it being a grown up game for grown ups. It was only later that I realised that I just didn't like it. Same with Another World, Abe's Odyssey and anything else like that. The animation was brilliant but it was boring to play.

I loved Sands of Time though, one of my favourite games of all time. As with Tomb Raider, I loved just sitting there pondering the environment and wondering where to jump or climb next and soaking in the atmosphere at the same time. The puzzles were genuinely inventive and the whole game just felt so well thought out.

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
      I am really coming to miss linear action games now that everything is going open world.
      I've thought that for years, especially with everything being online. It's a shame as games like PoP will probably become less common.

Comment

Working...
      X