No announcement yet.

Gaming Regrets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I regretted buying GT5. I sold it within a week for a fiver less than I paid.

Ridiculously bad.

I considered buying it again recently but procrastinated long enough to get a PS4 and, subsequently, GT Sport.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
      I regretted buying GT5. I sold it within a week for a fiver less than I paid.

Ridiculously bad.

I considered buying it again recently but procrastinated long enough to get a PS4 and, subsequently, GT Sport.
      GT still isn't good, sadly. Lost their magic with 4.

Comment

The lastest GT sport is a great game. Infact the campaign is very similar to the original.

Comment

But it doesn't cater to my JDM fetishism. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
            That's a point; we seem to have a lot of "I sold x and now it's worth a fortune" posts, but what of buyer's remorse?

Has no-one here bought Panzer Dragoon Saga for £200 and then regretted it?

I don't have any major ones. I regret buying Star Wars: The Old Republic for @Blobcat and I; it was a terrible game and we both ditched it within the free month. I really bought into the hype on that one (actually this probably ties into my prior WoW post). I regretted buying a PSP on launch, but I later sold it for the price I bought it, so that was fine in the finish.
            I didn't play SWTOR for more than the opening month either. I have a lowish level Jedi Knight if I remember correctly. I can't see any record of ever having subbed to the game. Tbh the whole time I played it, it just made me long for WoW. Which I would go back to on and off since.

I definitely have other buying regrets although nothing crazy expensive. For example in the Wii/PS3/360 era I was guilty of hoovering up games (often cheap) where many of them I never got around to playing (stuff like FUEL, Lego Batman, Batman Arkham City etc.). I suppose if I had been more astute I could have saved myself some money rather than selling most on for small loses eventually. But I think that goes with the territory of wanting to play so many games on many formats.

Comment

Sort of linked to gaming, I really regret some of my PC hardware decisions for gaming, at the time when i had the money I should have spent a bit more money on my Graphics card and less money on My g-sync PC monitor

Comment

That's a point; we seem to have a lot of "I sold x and now it's worth a fortune" posts, but what of buyer's remorse?

Has no-one here bought Panzer Dragoon Saga for £200 and then regretted it?
                After hearing people go on and on about Radiant Silvergun like it was the second-coming, I think I was disappointed more than anything to discover that I really didn’t like the game...

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                  I didn't play SWTOR for more than the opening month either. I have a lowish level Jedi Knight if I remember correctly. I can't see any record of ever having subbed to the game. Tbh the whole time I played it, it just made me long for WoW. Which I would go back to on and off since.
                  Yeah, the whole model for the game has changed to freemium. I don't think having bought the game pre-freemium grants you any bonuses, or any significant ones, which would bug me if there weren't far larger reasons to not play it.

Some parts of it cracked me up. I played as a Jedi Guardian, which was a tank, of sorts, in MMO terms. It actually had a skill tooltip which referred to the concept of "threat". This is a concept which doesn't exist in SWTOR but does exist in WoW. I mean how much of a blatant clone are you making when terminology from another game leaks into yours?! It didn't play well, it didn't run well, and it looked like garbage. It's probably the most disappointing game I've ever played.

Comment

Yeah, the whole model for the game has changed to freemium. I don't think having bought the game pre-freemium grants you any bonuses, or any significant ones, which would bug me if there weren't far larger reasons to not play it.
                    Tbf I think many games get the rewards for people that paid full price wrong, or don't give anywhere enough in return, when they go f2p. It's like you got to pay for the privilege to play the game for X months and that's the reward. I'm not sure it's the most disappointing game as I felt it was OK as an MMO, although I understand the sentiment. I did like things like the spaceship sequences. For example I was much more disappointed in Too Human.

Comment

I regret not getting a 4k Monitor for my PC/Xbox one X until now. Wow what a difference, the xbox one x really does shine in 4k.

Comment

Binning my faulty Bubble Bobble and Gauntlet II original pcbs in the pre internet era. I know I could have got them repaired now.

Comment

amiibo (buying 60+ of the buggers). Still haven't opened a single one, so maybe I can turn this around.

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
                            After hearing people go on and on about Radiant Silvergun like it was the second-coming, I think I was disappointed more than anything to discover that I really didn’t like the game...
                            Me and most games, most recently Skyrim.

Comment

Buying loads of games that people on here raved about, even though I know they’re not my taste, then being ****ing annoyed I fall for it time and time again.

Comment

I've probably said it before but I sometimes regret ever discovering imports and the whole 60Hz factor. Gaming went from something I casually enjoyed to something I kind of obsessed over, spending more money and amassing more stuff. It ain't all bad of course, I had some great times getting consoles early and playing games that weren't released over here, but I do sometimes wonder if blissful ignorance might have been better on the whole.

Comment

Working...
                                X