Gaming Regrets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    I've probably said it before but I sometimes regret ever discovering imports and the whole 60Hz factor. Gaming went from something I casually enjoyed to something I kind of obsessed over, spending more money and amassing more stuff. It ain't all bad of course, I had some great times getting consoles early and playing games that weren't released over here, but I do sometimes wonder if blissful ignorance might have been better on the whole.
    No.

Comment

Buying lots of stuff I know I'll probably never use because I had a 30% staff discount at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        I've probably said it before but I sometimes regret ever discovering imports and the whole 60Hz factor. Gaming went from something I casually enjoyed to something I kind of obsessed over, spending more money and amassing more stuff. It ain't all bad of course, I had some great times getting consoles early and playing games that weren't released over here, but I do sometimes wonder if blissful ignorance might have been better on the whole.

I’m in the same camp....utterly sucked into the collecting with less focus if any on actually playing but so many fond memories of some Special games will always be

Still miss the old gang on Xbox playing that Vietnam game

Jesus that was fun

Comment

I played Metroid Prime and loved every minute. When I got to the last boss it was about 3 in the morning and I was far too tired to finish the game. I turned it off with the intention of completing it over the coming days. It took me ages to get round to it (over a month) and by the time I did I'd lost all my skills and could do it. I tried a few times, decided I was never gonna manage it and gave up. It still annoys me to this day that I didn't persevere and finish the game.

Also, I wish I'd played Phantasy Star Online on the DC. It seems like it was a MMORPG before the internet got full up with idiots screaming abuse at each other. I imagine they were golden times.
          Last edited by BigDeadFreak; 20-08-2018, 19:47.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
            Buying loads of games that people on here raved about, even though I know they’re not my taste, then being ****ing annoyed I fall for it time and time again.
            Like me and Skyrim?

Comment

Originally posted by Hartley Hare View Post
              I’m in the same camp....utterly sucked into the collecting with less focus if any on actually playing but so many fond memories of some Special games will always be

Still miss the old gang on Xbox playing that Vietnam game

Jesus that was fun
              Those were the days! Great fun! I remember when TA was scared of the AI and had to follow us hiding.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDeadFreak View Post
                Also, I wish I'd played Phantasy Star Online on the DC. It seems like it was a MMORPG before the internet got full up with idiots screaming abuse at each other. I imagine they were golden times.
                Intentionally or not, those golden times still exist on Nintendo hardware. I really miss MH3U at times.

Comment

Buying loads of games that people on here raved about, even though I know they’re not my taste, then being ****ing annoyed I fall for it time and time again.
                  Give Sky Force Anniversary a go, Colin.
                  The legendary shoot-’em-up is here to celebrate its 10-year anniversary in super-destructive style. Harnessing the intensity of classic arcade games combined with modern visuals, Sky Force Anniversary offers a stunning scrolling shooter experience with an incredible new social gameplay element. Over a decade ago, IGN said, “Put simply, Sky Force is amazing.” Scoring an incredible 9.5 out of 10. And now it’s back. Bigger, bolder and more intense than ever. This 10th anniversary edition adds incredible depth to the series through stunning 3D graphics, intuitive controls and a powerful upgrade system that’ll keep you blasting for hours on end.

It's £3.29 at the minute in the PlayStation sale.

It's just the right level of fun. There's loads of bullets to dodge, but it's not bullet hell.
                  Each mission is fun to clear and there's plenty of replayability as you get rewards for shooting all the enemies, taking no hits, picking up all the stranded pilots or collecting all the star coins.
                  Collecting those stars means you can upgrade your ship and you can try again on a tougher level to beat it or get the rewards.
                  Each level has three difficulties too, so there's plenty to do.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                    Like me and Skyrim?
                    Never bought any version of Skyrim. I’ve considered it but know it would be ejected within twenty minutes!

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                    Give Sky Force Anniversary a go, Colin.
                    The legendary shoot-’em-up is here to celebrate its 10-year anniversary in super-destructive style. Harnessing the intensity of classic arcade games combined with modern visuals, Sky Force Anniversary offers a stunning scrolling shooter experience with an incredible new social gameplay element. Over a decade ago, IGN said, “Put simply, Sky Force is amazing.” Scoring an incredible 9.5 out of 10. And now it’s back. Bigger, bolder and more intense than ever. This 10th anniversary edition adds incredible depth to the series through stunning 3D graphics, intuitive controls and a powerful upgrade system that’ll keep you blasting for hours on end.

It's £3.29 at the minute in the PlayStation sale.

It's just the right level of fun. There's loads of bullets to dodge, but it's not bullet hell.
                    Each mission is fun to clear and there's plenty of replayability as you get rewards for shooting all the enemies, taking no hits, picking up all the stranded pilots or collecting all the star coins.
                    Collecting those stars means you can upgrade your ship and you can try again on a tougher level to beat it or get the rewards.
                    Each level has three difficulties too, so there's plenty to do.

Bought the original version back when it came out, it wasn’t great. I’d imagine this is just a shiny version of that one. Ahm oot!

Comment

Originally posted by Decider-VT View Post
                      Buying lots of stuff I know I'll probably never use because I had a 30% staff discount at the time.
                      I have the opposite to this, not taking full advantage of a staff discount when I worked for Gamestation.

Comment

If I’m honest , looking over towards a dust covered project scorpio xbox .... if it wasn’t for backwards compatibility the thing would’ve been long gone

Comment

Bought the original version back when it came out, it wasn’t great. I’d imagine this is just a shiny version of that one. Ahm oot!
                          Ah shame, I was thinking as I played it "I must tell Colin!"

Comment

Here's a regret: selling my Neo Geo Pocket Color and games collection to buy a Wii with Twilight Princess and extra controllers on launch day. I'll tell you what I think of my younger self's stupidity for doing that:

Comment

Originally posted by Protocol Penguin View Post
                              Here's a regret: selling my Neo Geo Pocket Color and games collection to buy a Wii with Twilight Princess and extra controllers on launch day. I'll tell you what I think of my younger self's stupidity for doing that:
                              Haha, that's almost a zaki special.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                                Haha, that's almost a zaki special.
                                Yeah, but I traded my AES set for a wife

(8 years later......Trades wife for magic beans).

Comment

Working...
                                X