Gaming Regrets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling my PCE Turbo Duo
    Selling my pristine copy of Mega-CD Snatcher BITD (before its value skyrocketed on Flea-Bay)

Comment

I used to, I've sold Saga for about £15 before and the likes but not these days when it comes to gaming.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
        Getting rid of all my old gaming Mags.
        Yeah, same. Most I don't miss and would probably never open again but I had a load (if not all?) of the Sega Saturn magazine and I really miss those. They got better and better as the Saturn wound down because they could put more depth into the articles. Fewer items to talk about meant they could talk more about the things that were there.

Comment

So many, but my biggest ones would be ...

Giving away my CBS, Amiga 600, Spectrum ZX 128+ for nothing, just to make room

Selling my huge collection of 80 Snes games to help fund my import Saturn in 1994

Selling my Nomad, PC Eng for next to nothing

Missing out on so many great PS games thanks to my sad Anti Sony stance (thankfully my brother did get a PS)

Taping over my collection of GamesWorld TV series

Not buying SEGA HiSaturn Navi for 600 quid. When I saw one going for that price in 2003.

Not buying the Limited Edition Wing Commander PC collection for just £10 in a local shop sale.

Comment

Not playing World of Warcraft when it was at its peak. I love MMORPGs, having played many of them over the years for varying amounts of time. Despite that, although I played WoW in its betas, I didn't play the full game until around ~2008, along with another stint in 2012. In both cases, there was very much the feeling of having "missed the boat". Now, there are genuine issues with WoW in this area, to do with how a couple of years after launch, the game becomes divided between a handful of people doing the world questing and the bulk of the playerbase doing "endgame" content without enough features that encourage them to play together (Guild Wars 2 launched with specific features that existed to combat this problem), but even so, the fact is that I missed out on a phenomenon in one of my favourite genres and I've always regretted it. I did it for a reason, though; I was going through a period in my life where I couldn't afford to be distracted by the game, and admittedly, it did have a negative effect on some people I knew, so I gained things by not playing it.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
              Getting rid of all my old gaming Mags. I had collected them since i was a kid in the 80s and still continued in the 90s and had mags like Crash, Your Sinclair and then up to stuff like Mean Machines CVG, but in the end got rid of them all before moving as taking up to much Space.
              I'm such a hoarder that I still have my Crash and Zzap magazines. They're not in the greatest of condition, but I could never bring myself to throw them away.

Comment

Playing TERA for about 6000 hours...

Comment

Every game and DLC bought but not enjoyed are small regrets. My main regret though is the money I spent on digital content for the Xbox 360 and Wii U and then not getting a penny back on them when selling the systems. Taught me a valuable lesson though, and one I won't repeat.

Comment

Yeah, I don't have any buying/selling regrets.

Mainly because I hoard all my stuff and it's sat in boxes up the loft.
                    I don't have any of teh rarez, so If I sold a system and games, it'd never break £100, so I might as well just hang on to it.

I've never bought a new game digitally where it seems more expensive than physical, usually.
                    I've bought loads in sales and don't regret spending a few quid and it seems less painful if you never play it!

My biggest regrets are the amount of games I've hoovered up for bargain prices, but still not had chance to play them.

I'm still looking at that PSN sale and contemplating getting Everbody's Gone to the Rapture, Broken Sword V and Sky Force Anniversary as they're all about £3.29 each at the minute!

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                      Playing TERA for about 6000 hours...
                      Yours is like the opposite of mine. I wonder which of us lost out.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                        Yours is like the opposite of mine. I wonder which of us lost out.
                        I feel like it was me lol

Comment

I regret selling the best parts of my childhood (PAL) Super NES collection, particularly Terranigma and Parodius. Selling off my PAL collection itself wasn't too bad, as lead me to later build my Super Famicom/NTSC Super NES collection (and just before prices went mental), but the rare jewels in the crown, I miss those.

(Thankfully I had the sense to keep my Super Play collection, only recycled a couple of issues which had gone mouldy, and had spares of those. Unfortunately, I didn't keep my copies of SP's spiritual successor, the early incarnation of N64 Magazine.)

Selling my Amiga 1200 with hard disc and add-ons was a bad move. Have no real wish to re-play loads of creeky old Amiga games, but I sold my 1200 and everything for just £20 in order to clear space, and working 1200s are considerably more valuable now!

Comment

Regret not buying Metal Slug 1 when I was at Uni during 1999-2000 for something like £300.

Comment

By the looks of this thread, I should get all my mags on the For Sale forum.
                              I haven't got room any more..

Comment

Not really anything that comes to mind. Having stuff here that I can't sell on is annoying but I can live with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X