Gaming Regrets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gaming Regrets

Dunno if a post has been started like this before.

Getting rid of all my old gaming Mags. I had collected them since i was a kid in the 80s and still continued in the 90s and had mags like Crash, Your Sinclair and then up to stuff like Mean Machines CVG, but in the end got rid of them all before moving as taking up to much Space.

Not getting some of the now rare games when i had the chance, two memories that stick in my mind was going into a Virgin Megastore and seeing copes of Panzer Dragoon Saga and KOF95....I picked up Kof 95 which was a good buy but after getting the saturn magazine with the first disc on Panzer i regretted it. Also i remember in Second hand land in Norwich many years ago they had about 5 copies of Primal Rage for the 32x (which is now very rare) and i wish i got it as i was a big Primal Rage fan at the time.

Buying a Nintendo Switch.

Comment

Too many to mention and worry about

Comment

What G man said. No one wants to hear my AES pittance story again

Comment

I think in a lot of instances people regret selling or getting rid of gaming stuff because of the value a lot of items go for these days. I don't really miss most of the stuff I got rid of over the years (and I wouldn't have been able to store it all this time even if I had wanted to), but seeing the ridiculous prices things go for now is a little disheartening to say the least. Hindsight, ey.

Comment

I do regret not buying my mate's FF7 music box (but it was already silly expensive)

Comment

Originally posted by Hohum View Post
              I think in a lot of instances people regret selling or getting rid of gaming stuff because of the value a lot of items go for these days. I don't really miss most of the stuff I got rid of over the years (and I wouldn't have been able to store it all this time even if I had wanted to), but seeing the ridiculous prices things go for now is a little disheartening to say the least. Hindsight, ey.
              I imagine its the same with people who sold their houses 20 years ago for 60K, but now they're worth 600K+

Different times, inflation, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                Buying a Nintendo Switch.
                This actually. And getting rid of my 3do and my original Amiga 500 setup.

Comment

Getting rid of my Saturn stuff.

Especially SFA3 and Elevator Action Returns.

Comment

Playing FF13 (never again, it killed my love of that series thanks to this monumental turd of a game)
                    Buying a dreamcast for a second time and expecting to click with it
                    Buying southpark 64 on import for a rather high price & relising how crap it is (shudder it still haunts me now)

dont have any selling regrets as i rarely sell stuff so i havent lost anything thats rare or missed.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                      I imagine its the same with people who sold their houses 20 years ago for 60K, but now they're worth 600K+

Different times, inflation, etc.
                      True, and I'd imagine that probably hurts a little more I guess it ultimately comes down to what people are willing to pay at the moment, perceiving it as an investment, but much like houses there's a bubble that will probably (hopefully?) burst at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                        Playing FF13 (never again, it killed my love of that series thanks to this monumental turd of a game)
                        I gave that a miss after getting the impression from reviews it was comprised largely of linear (albeit pretty) walks from A to B, with some enemies en-route.

Comment

Selling my n64 and boxed games on here a few years ago I’m trying to get them all over again now

Comment

I’d love perfect pdf scans of all of Mean Machines, Super Play, Anime UK... I certainly don’t miss piles of dusty old magazines though.

Comment

My parents helped me to move out of a place a few years ago. I was in a total mad dash because I needed to start a new job in another part of the country. I made a mistake and said the box I'd left in the garage was rubbish. I realised months later that it contained my childhood PS1 and a Namco arcade stick.

Also, a friend sold me a copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga for a tenner and I needed money at the time since I was working part time and sold it for £70. I'm not saying I wish I could have sold it for more, I wish I still had a copy to play.

Comment

Working...
                              X