DualShock 3 vs DualShock 4 for PS1 games on PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DualShock 3 vs DualShock 4 for PS1 games on PS3

I have a DS3 that’s worn, but working. Thought I’d get a new controller and seeing as a brand new DS3 within a sensible price range is hard to come by, I’ve been considering just getting a DS4.

I used to have a PS4 so I’m obviously familiar with the DS4 and I liked it quite a lot, but I haven’t really tried out the d-pad. I’m literally only playing PS1 and PC Engine games, plus some SegaAges PS2 games, on the PS3 so naturally the d-pad is kinda the only thing that matters as I already know that I prefer the face buttons on the DS4

Personally I prefer the DS4 to the DS3. I always found the old-style Playstation d-pad quite tricky for anything the required fast 8 way movement, but I've been playing Battle Garegga, Dangun Feveron, Gradius, Salamander etc on my PS4 using the DS4 with no problems. I prefer using an arcade stick, but sometimes I just can't be bothered getting it out, plugging it in etc. Not sure how it would be for fighting games if that's what you're looking for, though I don't think I've ever used a pad where I can reliably pull off half/quarter circle moves!

Comment

PS4 is way way better than any previous Dual Shock IMO. Dual Shock 2 is the worst, just awful.

Comment

Thanks! I’m only playing 2D platformers, beat em ups and a few shmups. Guess I’ll get myself a DS4

Comment

Working...
        X