No announcement yet.

Critics Club II: 13 - Bruce Willis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is DH6 still a prequel, or is that a TV series?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      You wonder why some actors keep going, doing a slew of straight-to-DVD pap (I'm lookin' at you, De Niro!).
      Sometimes it's money, related to how rich people like actors seem to go bankrupt when those of us on normal wages wonder how someone earning that much could ever run out of money. Like how Kevin Bacon is doing the EE ads because he's broke.

Sometimes it's for non-monetary reasons that relate to their career, i.e. it fulfils a contractual obligation - a bit like why Pixar kicked CARS out of the door (it was because at the time, once they'd finished it, they would be free of Disney and become an independent company, so it was a cheeky crap movie made fast to satisfy their contract - that didn't happen though).

Lastly, sometimes it's just fun. I saw an interview with Clive Owen when they asked why he did a bunch of bad action movies after Sin City, and he said words to that effect; filming action movies pays, its easy, and it can be fun to do.

Comment

You'd miss the aul Clive Owen all the same. He was good.

Comment

Clive Warren’s greatest role has yet to be filmed, with Rebecca de Mornay.

Willis is an absolute chunderwagon. However, I really like his performances in the Die Hards, The Fifth Element, the Sixth Sense and Unbreakable.

I’ll go Die Hard 3.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
              Sometimes it's money, related to how rich people like actors seem to go bankrupt when those of us on normal wages wonder how someone earning that much could ever run out of money. Like how Kevin Bacon is doing the EE ads because he's broke.

Sometimes it's for non-monetary reasons that relate to their career, i.e. it fulfils a contractual obligation - a bit like why Pixar kicked CARS out of the door (it was because at the time, once they'd finished it, they would be free of Disney and become an independent company, so it was a cheeky crap movie made fast to satisfy their contract - that didn't happen though).

Lastly, sometimes it's just fun. I saw an interview with Clive Owen when they asked why he did a bunch of bad action movies after Sin City, and he said words to that effect; filming action movies pays, its easy, and it can be fun to do.
              I have never heard that about Cars. Got a source?

Comment

Fith element of course.

Comment

Last Boy Scout and Unbreakable and Die Hard 1 and the TV series Moonlighting.

And Pulp Ficktch was THE best comeback, better than Travolta's, even though it's a movie I've seen MANY times (even on its late-'94 cinema release) yet have always never felt sated by it, it's deffo a tour de force but I always found it trying to be much cooler than it was, thusly I always felt it was cool but way uncool. And I'm right.

And Quentin Tarantino could never be cool. He can write all the 'cool' scripts he wants but ask your bird if he is fit. They won't just say no, they'll have opinions.

I rest my case.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                    Is DH6 still a prequel, or is that a TV series?
                    It's a sequel but one that contains flashback sequences to McClane's pre-Die Hard 1 days. Somehow something he and Bonnie experienced in the 70's is important to a present day threat. If it's the last one he does it'd be like a bookend finale to the franchise.

Comment

Ah, OK, I really like that idea.

I was worried it was going to be some massive story set in the past and it makes the Nakatomi Plaza events seem like a Christmas party, pal.

It's that event that shapes McClane, not something as a rookie cop.
                      "How can the same thing happen at the same time to the same guy, twice?! Oh, I'm forgetting about that time as a rookie I stole a SR-71 Blackbird and broke into the Kremlin to steal secrets and save the Whitehouse from a nuclear explosion, but that was at Easter, so I'm not counting it."

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                        If it's the last one he does it'd be like a bookend finale to the franchise.
                        Or a jumping off point for a new batch with a younger guy?

Comment

At one point that did seem like the intent for post-Willis entries despite how weirdly that would fit into the characters timeline, like he had several unmentioned high action bad days between DH2 and 3 or something. If the film still goes ahead though I imagine it'll have more to do with how far into planning it is more than anything for future films now Die Hard is going to be a Disney franchise... I still can't believe that.

Personally, I'm still lobbying for the title:

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                            I have never heard that about Cars. Got a source?
                            After fruitlessly attempting to renegotiate the sequel option with Eisner in 2003, Jobs announced in January 2004 that after Pixar completed its contract by delivering its fifth and final movie, Cars, it would terminate its arrangement with Disney and not participate in any of the sequels, leaving Disney with four franchises. All that Pixar would get would be a small royalty (3.5 percent of the proceeds until each movie reaches cash break-even and 7.5 percent afterward).
                            Hollywood's El Dorado is a concept or character that can be spun into sequels—or, as in the case of Star Wars, prequels—and serve as an expanding...

My understanding is that they managed to resolve their differences so the proposed breakup didn't come to pass.

Comment

I had to vote for Die Hard. About actors doing crap films for just the money I'm sure I read that Deniro does them to fund his film festival or something like that. Did anyone watch the Bruce Willis roast? The roasts seem just cruel these days and I miss Greg Giraldo but Edward Norton came off really well. I have a friend who has always been a big fan of Bruce Willis. I enjoy most of his films although there's been suggestions he can be an unpleasant person in real life no idea if that's true or if it even matters.

Comment

Yippee Kai Yay, muddy funsters!!

Die Hard all the way.

Comment

Working...
                                X