Fond game related things you remember as a kid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
    Coming home from school on my birthday and my parents had wrapped my bedroom door with paper, when I ripped it open I was greeted with an Amiga fully set up!
    Awwwww. This is cute, but actually pretty clever too. It means your parents could set it up to make sure it was okay, but you also got the satisfaction of opening a wrapped gift.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
      Awwwww. This is cute, but actually pretty clever too. It means your parents could set it up to make sure it was okay, but you also got the satisfaction of opening a wrapped gift.
      It was really lovely thinking about it now.
      I loved my Amiga. It stopped reading discs in the end, so i took it apart and had its components spread across my desk to get it working, had it running for months like that.

Comment

Your parents were awesome!

When I was a kid my PlayStation broke. I didn't have one for ages so stuck to my Megadrive. On Christmas Day that year (or maybe the year after, I can't remember), there were a bunch of PlayStation game sized presents to unwrap. I unwrapped each one and each time I was like 'ah, when I get my PlayStation fixed I can play this', and my parents were like 'yep'. At the end of the PlayStation game boxes (I think there were 3 or 4, no idea what games they were now) there was a big box. I unwrapped it and it was a brand new PlayStation!

I was so surprised and pleased. I've never forgotten that.

Comment

I remember my SCPH-9002 broke and my Dad proposed that I get a PS2 as a replacement, but nope I was bought a PSone instead. Still, I should be grateful as they didn't have to replace it at all honestly. lol

Comment

Saving up every bit of birthday, Xmas and pocket money I could get for months in eager anticipation for that amazingly awaited PAL release for Super Mario RPG...

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
              Opening my Mega Drive On Christmas day and my staff checking it out (still have the box with his footprints to this very day).
              For a moment, I pictured your butler walking on the box!

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                Opening my Mega Drive On Christmas day and my staff checking it out (still have the box with his footprints to this very day) in front of the parkray.
                ?????

Comment

Staff referring to a dog I assume. Took me a while

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                    Yep my beloved late Staffordshire bulldog. His foot prints are still on the polystyrene packing. Got up at 6am to open unwrap the MD and my staff came crashing down the stairs and had to check out the wrapping and walked all over the boxes.. Had the parkray on full blast, playing the MD with my staff by my side.. The perfect Christmas present and Christmas morning

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                      got that one - just didnt what a parkray was!

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                        got that one - just didnt what a parkray was!
                        Got you. We used to have coal fire untill 1997. Having roaring coal fire on Christmas morning was like the perfect Christmas setting

Comment

You're too modest, Mark. How could a thread like this fizzle out after three pages?

Fond memory #1:

Primary school friend lent me his Gameboy for the weekend in exchange for Streets of Rage on MD. Mum found it, got angry I borrowed something a bit expensive without permission, and went storming downstairs to tell my dad.

Mum: "Look what he's borrowed etc etc!"
                          Dad(watching MotD): "..."
                          Mum: "..."
                          Dad: "...does it have Tetris?"
                          Me: "Yeah!"
                          Dad: "Well give it here, then!"

End of argument

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                          Being really sick for a week and my parents bought me Sonic 2, which I still own.
                          I had a cold and was off from school for a week when I borrowed Sonic 2 from a friend. To this day, whenever I play it I remember having a cold. Sonic 2 and Italia 90. Bleary-eyed and dodgy hearing making the music memory rather tinny

Comment

My fondest gaming memory is watching my brother play Jet Set Willy. I can't remember the year or therefore what age we were but I think my brother was 11 and I was 8. My brother was playing the game and really needed a poo but he was so into the game that he couldn't be bothered going to the toilet. Without any indication or warning he suddenly pulls his pants down, sticks a hand between his legs, pushes, then proudly holds his hand out with a big poo on it. Reminded me of a cat presenting a dead mouse. Man, it was funny, disgusting, but very funny. He ended up going to the bathroom to wash his hands so it was broken logic but, ahh, whenever I picture it I smile.

My other fondest memory was playing Mario 64 a few days after it released in Japan. But I was 21 at the time so not a kid, and I was on some really good acid, so that might have been more influential than the game. A good memory either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
                              My fondest gaming memory is watching my brother play Jet Set Willy. I can't remember the year or therefore what age we were but I think my brother was 11 and I was 8. My brother was playing the game and really needed a poo but he was so into the game that he couldn't be bothered going to the toilet. Without any indication or warning he suddenly pulls his pants down, sticks a hand between his legs, pushes, then proudly holds his hand out with a big poo on it.
                              o_0 !!!

Comment

No words.

Comment

Working...
                                X