Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell me about what you have working on retropie that is awesome!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I need to get involved in this want to go the rgbpi route. Where do i start, just buy a pi3 and download the retropi os?

Comment

One of these for MAME could be nice. I don't want to give in to console emulation yet...

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
          I need to get involved in this want to go the rgbpi route. Where do i start, just buy a pi3 and download the retropi os?
          @Somebody on here needs to write a guide for everybody else's benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
            Is there a universal controller available, kind of a one size fits all?
            I would’ve thought one of those 8bitdo NES/SNES/DualShock mongrel-looking wireless controllers would do for most non-fighting games (should be using a stick for those anyhoo)? If you want one on the cheap then Retro Gamer are giving them away free with a year’s subscription.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              @Somebody on here needs to write a guide for everybody else's benefit.
              There are hundreds on youtube mate.
              3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
                There are hundreds on youtube mate.
                Just trying to get the new forum superhacker to pull his weight, mate!

Comment

It's literally all here -

Shell script to set up a Raspberry Pi/Odroid/PC with RetroArch emulator and various cores - RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                    Just trying to get the new forum superhacker to pull his weight, mate!
                    Ah yes. Carry on
                    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Some 3D PS1 stuff works fine but with others there's a bit of slowdown. Tekken 3 is working perfectly but Ridge Racer slows down when there's too many cars on screen.

There is also a bit of lag which doesn't seem to matter in a lot of games but it makes stuff like Battle Garegga unplayable. I'm using a Saturn pad with a USB converter so I don't know if that causes the lag? I have read that it's a problem with Retropie in general.

I haven't managed to get any CPSIII games working so I'll have to give that at try.

Naomi and Saturn are non-starters which is a shame as I miss Die Hard Arcade. Basically any 3D arcade games seem beyond the Pi.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                        It's literally all here -

Shell script to set up a Raspberry Pi/Odroid/PC with RetroArch emulator and various cores - RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup

Ah that's excellent work

at driving a traffic away to somebody else's site.

Comment

They'd have to be here to know I'd said it.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDeadFreak View Post
                            Some 3D PS1 stuff works fine but with others there's a bit of slowdown. Tekken 3 is working perfectly but Ridge Racer slows down when there's too many cars on screen.

There is also a bit of lag which doesn't seem to matter in a lot of games but it makes stuff like Battle Garegga unplayable. I'm using a Saturn pad with a USB converter so I don't know if that causes the lag? I have read that it's a problem with Retropie in general.

I haven't managed to get any CPSIII games working so I'll have to give that at try.

Naomi and Saturn are non-starters which is a shame as I miss Die Hard Arcade. Basically any 3D arcade games seem beyond the Pi.
                            It's a shame, as when I loaded up N64 Mario last night I thought it looked lovely. Didn't have the amp on last night and just tried it today and found the sound is really glitchy and there's bouts of slowdown. Weirdly I don't think it's going to stop me playing it though.

EDIT: Ooooft! Yes it will, I'll stick with 2D.
                            Last edited by Colin; 16-08-2018, 12:57.

Comment

EDIT: Ooooft! Yes it will, I'll stick with 2D.
                              I gave Bangai-O a go thinking it would be OK as it is 2D but it was unplayable.

As I said, most PS1 is fine and I'm sure stuff like FFVII would be alright as a little bit of slowdown wouldn't hurt it. It's the faster, twitch games in which it causes problems.

Comment

It's a shame, as when I loaded up N64 Mario last night I thought it looked lovely. Didn't have the amp on last night and just tried it today and found the sound is really glitchy and there's bouts of slowdown.
                                I was playing F-Zero X - and it runs well enough to be playable on the Pi. But N64 emulation has always felt quite broken, so most games are unplayable on the Pi. It would be a big shame if there were loads of great N64 games.

It would seem like a miracle if someone managed to create an N64 emulator that ran games perfectly. I think N64 emulation has been around for nearly 20 years now - and it's still in a bad state. Mario 64 is the only game I've seen emulated really well on a PC.

Comment

Working...
                                X