Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell me about what you have working on retropie that is awesome!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell me about what you have working on retropie that is awesome!

Ok, the 8/16-Bit stuff seems almost normal, but what do you have running that is awesome? (And works properly) For me in the last bit it's been the PS1 stuff -

And then there's the other side. After my wife headed up to bed tonight I've started on getting PSP and 3do working, takes forever to install new cores however! I've installed a couple of games, anyone remember the joy of having this in your hands?

Yeah, well that was pretty much as far as the excitement went on this occasion, fail after the intro. Talk about building you up to knock you down, at least it's nice to know where you can get to!
    Last edited by Colin; 15-08-2018, 23:32.

If this wasn't so fiddly, I'd get one!

Comment

I'll be honest Zaki, my first attempt at N64 isn't too shabby, which I'm sure might tempt you -

I completely failed on the 3do front though. Some may say that's a good thing!

Comment

Damn. Was about to ask how return fire ran

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
          Ok, the 8/16-Bit stuff seems almost normal, but what do you have running that is awesome? (And works properly) For me in the last bit it's been the PS1 stuff -
          Yeah, it's cool that it can play PS1 games. Harmful Park works perfectly, so I'm happy with that. Plus Einhander and Gunner's Heaven.

I also like how it can play Cave and Psikyo games up to around 2001. CPS-3 games also work perfectly.

It's the way it runs NES/Famicom, SNES, Mega Drive, PC Engine, and Neo Geo so well that really makes me happy. Those are the most important systems to me.
          Originally posted by Brad View Post
          Damn. Was about to ask how return fire ran
          Maybe the PS1 version will work? I've heard that 3DO emulation hardly works at all on the Pi. Works great on a decent PC using 4DO.
          Last edited by Leon Retro; 16-08-2018, 01:30.

Comment

Return fire is 3do. Ps version is blasphemy!

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
              I also like how it can play Cave and Psikyo games up to around 2001. CPS-3 games also work perfectly.

So it will run Progear? That alone is worth the price.

I read somewhere that N64 games were a bit meh on the system. @ colin How easy it is to load games on it? I just want something to plug and play.

Comment

Return fire is 3do. Ps version is blasphemy!
                BTW, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the PS version; it might even be better but I wouldn't know because I'll never play it because that game belongs on 3DO :-)

Comment

I’ll try Progear and let you know mate. Adding games is pretty easy, lots of guides online. I think Leon just bought a preconfigured set up from eBay, I’ve kind of enjoyed sorting my own out as I don’t have to wade through thousands of unwanted games.

Comment

Is there a universal controller available, kind of a one size fits all?

Comment

Just use the controller from whatever current gen system you have Phil, I'm using my DS4.

Comment

All the Taito F3 stuff works on AvanceMAME without overclocking. Night Slashers etc. also work same emu, same route. The only things it really struggles with are newer complex 3D stuff like Tekken 3 on the Psone for example. Progear works perfectly. Assume it works unless the architecture is complex.

I have all the Naomi and Atomiswave stuff running perfectly on my PC TV and CRT emulation builds but assume they wouldn't work on the Pi. Although, you never know. They use the Reicast core and a combination of .lst .bin files, much like .cue .bin.

I had to put a range of fancy filters on or use my Emu CRT PC build for N64, that was one of the reasons I have all 3 of my Pis now sitting in a box

One thing I find impressive/odd. GroovyMAME and newer Retroarch builds on the PC, seem to skip the 55hz rate on my PVM, which means I have to set it manually to 54mhz to get NBA Jam etc. running. The Pi, oddly, does not and finds it perfectly. I've been through various configs and still can't figure out why this is, but it must be software related. It really is a brilliant box for a front room or even an arcade machine. Before I put a newer PC in my Dino King the Pi ran most things perfectly with a thing I rigged up from UKVAC forums.
                        Last edited by Escape-To-88; 16-08-2018, 07:57.
                        3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Just use the controller from whatever current gen system you have Phil, I'm using my DS4.
                          Wow. It gets better.

PlayStation stuff looks ace. Good to see the N64 getting a look in too

Comment

BTW, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the PS version; it might even be better but I wouldn't know because I'll never play it because that game belongs on 3DO :-)
                            Yeah, I also think of it as a 3DO game. I've also not played the PS1 version; I would think it's probably a good port.

I’ve kind of enjoyed sorting my own out as I don’t have to wade through thousands of unwanted games.
                            Yeah, it's annoying having loads of games to wade through that you know you have zero interest in playing. But at least you can sometimes discover a few gems when you have complete romsets.

I also have a little PC I have been setting up as a retro system. Because I know how to use a Windows PC and set up emulators easily, I've made sure to only put games that really appeal to me when it comes to the PCE CD, Mega CD, 3DO, PlayStation, Saturn, N64, and Dreamcast. CD games take up far more space - and there's tons of crap on the PlayStation and N64 - so I make sure to keep my collections quite small and appealing. I would never want a complete ISO set for the PS1; it would just annoy me.

When I finally work out how to sort the games out on the Pi, a lot of stuff will be deleted. There are lots of PS1 games that will be replaced with titles that I actually like.

Edit: I wish there was a way to have a 'Favourites' folder for each system on the Pi. Just having one 'Favourites' folder isn't ideal.
                            Last edited by Leon Retro; 16-08-2018, 08:21.

Comment

[MENTION=10204]garrz32[/MENTION], Progear runs spot on mate, though I only played the first stage to test.

Comment

Working...
                              X