No announcement yet.

Social Disconnect: Your Hit Flops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread has already made me wince and gag in horror. People you thought were on the same page...

I’d never give something one episode. That’s crazy talk. Four episodes for me, minimum, and even then I’ve been wrong. I tried 4 episodes of 24 before switching off. Years later I tried again and loved it. I watched 4 of Breaking Bad and quit, although I watched that at a bad time in my life, so I may go back. I watched 6 of that Marvel series about the bloke in layers of psychological reality. Legion, was it? I couldn’t get into that.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
      This thread has already made me wince and gag in horror. People you thought were on the same page...

I’d never give something one episode. That’s crazy talk. Four episodes for me, minimum, and even then I’ve been wrong. I tried 4 episodes of 24 before switching off. Years later I tried again and loved it. I watched 4 of Breaking Bad and quit, although I watched that at a bad time in my life, so I may go back. I watched 6 of that Marvel series about the bloke in layers of psychological reality. Legion, was it? I couldn’t get into that.
      Which ones in particular prinny?

Comment

Breaking Bad, I loved first time, you just have to click with it. There's nowt wrong if you don't get on with it, it's just life.

I'd say The Sopranos. It's mainly tedium, in fact 85% of it is.

OZ is still best.

Comment

I can understand the GoT views to be honest even though I've enjoyed the show overall. It's a slog in a lot of places and whilst it's a very impressive production on TV scale and does have some real highs it's overall a pretty 'okay' show and once the final season has aired I doubt I'll ever feel inclined to see it ever again, certainly I have borderline zero interest in the spin-off. The hype doesn't match the show.

La La Land
          Utter tripe from almost the start to the finish. The only reasonable bit is the one shot take opening number and that's for technical reasons, Gosling and Stone aren't good singers.

Comment

I only watched the first ep of Game of Thrones and went no further. Not really a comment on its quality though, more just where I was at when I saw it. It looked dirty and grim and I didn't want dirty and grim.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
              I only watched the first ep of Game of Thrones and went no further. Not really a comment on its quality though, more just where I was at when I saw it. It looked dirty and grim and I didn't want dirty and grim.
              "Boobs and Dragons, you say I'm in!"
              *watches first episode*
              "Ewww, that's his sister's boobs!"

Comment

American Horror Story
                Season 01 - Reasonable but wildly overrated
                Season 02 - Decent bar one stupid subplot
                Season 03 - Atrocious
                Season 04 - Middling to poor
                Season 05 - Okay
                Season 06 - Poor
                Season 07 - Atrocious

S08 will be a merger of the first and third runs so that should be amazing... and renewed for S09 and S10! There's zero Horror to it as well, it's American I guess and most of the time there's a semblance of a Story so two out of three ain't bad seems the gist of it. If it weren't an Anthology (not that it is anymore with recent seasons developments) we'd have completely written it off a long time ago but each new seasons fresh start gives you that Sonic Cycle hope that maybe, just maybe the next one won't suck as hard as the last one.

Comment

They let you stop watching now. They don’t even know if you do it - you can just stop and pretend you’re still watching if anyone asks.

Comment

I was expecting something far more macabre when I started watching AHS during S1 and was thoroughly disappointed by how zany and cheesy it was, until I decided to treat it like a fairground ride and embrace the gonzo elements. It's utterly absurd but there are times when it has a lovely sense of humour and (especially in S5) some surprisingly sympathetic and tender moments. And I'll never get tired of hearing Sarah Paulson's lisp or watching Evan Peters wildly overacting.

Comment

I can thank my missus for the shows endurance and even she doesn't get too much out of it, but it does mean I get little complaint back when we're watching Who

You have to admire the commitment to the recurring cast. Evan Peters has been woefully miscast in some of these seasons just to shoe-horn him in, I'm assuming they've dropped Lady Gaga at this point.

Comment

So many, usually the biggest ones. I have tried but completely cannot be arsed with -

Game of thrones.
                        Walking dead.
                        Breaking bad.

The list would just go on and on. It seems these days that almost everything my wife likes I’ll hate apart from the odd few like West world or Glow. She’s currently watching and loving the handmaids tale, I've reached the point now that I leave the room if it’s on, it’s so bad.

Comment

I have the same experience but after years it's still Keeping up with the Kardashians when I walk back in

Comment

I am however thankful my wife doesn't watch any soaps or reality TV, and in return she likes that I watch zero sport other than the six nations! The Kardashians would lead to divorce.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                              I have the same experience but after years it's still Keeping up with the Kardashians when I walk back in
                              I'll be so happy when my wife is back at work after maternity leave for several reasons:

1. A return to a sensible level of income
                              2. The house will be how it was when I left in the morning
                              3. There won't be Project Runway / Say Yes To The Dress on the TV

Comment

Anything Christopher Nolan. I find all his films cold and empty. I enjoyed Dunkirk because I think cold and empty worked with the subject it was covering. But generally no.

Recently I watched the first Ep of Mindhunter. I heard good things and I like David Fincher...I found it too slow and dull.

Comment

Working...
                                X