• Show
Clear All

Is it coated with unobtainium?

Comment

When did GameCube games start getting so pricey , I’m shocked

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
        Is it coated with unobtainium?
        Just been relisted, buyer must have been disappointed it wasn't coated!?!??!?!

Must have been shill bidding or people messing around....

Comment

Originally posted by Junko View Post
          Everything is stupidly priced now.

Comment

Originally posted by Junko View Post
            During the last 10-12 years I noticed Gamecube games going up in value.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sealed-Ca...Ibv:rk:12:pf:0

£100 for a repro of Rondo of Blood.

Or £46 for just a disc.

The seller doesn't put the word 'repro' in the items title. It amazes me that people buy this sort of thing for such a high price. I remember seeing really nI ice Radiant Silvergun repros for £10 a while back. The retro market has gone mad -- even with repro items.
              You could always just buy a repro off Etsy for 1/4 of the price.

Rondo isn't even all that expensive, considering how good it is, and that it's Castlevania. I sold my pretty much mint copy about 3-4 years ago for only £120. I see it often on YJ for well under £200 even today. Odd that it hasn't gone crazy as Vampire Killer has.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post
                You could always just buy a repro off Etsy for 1/4 of the price.
                Yeah, that's what I was getting at. I think a good repro should be under £30. But obviously some people have paid far more.

I sold my Rondo of Blood for £160 a while back. Cost me £40 originally. I've sold quite a few games that became really expensive.

Comment

Is this the thread to rant about ebay problems / ask questions?

I sold an extremely expensive item on eBay for £190. Now I regret not accepting the offer someone made for £150. The buyer it turns out has 3 feedback, 2 of which are negative messages, but since ebay doesn't actually allow negative feedback for buyers, it shows up as positive 3. Which has been my problem all along with this new system. So basically this **** weasel has a history of bidding and not paying.

I sent a reminder invoice but can only open a non-payment case in a couple days. How well do eBay handle situations like this? Since they own PayPal I assume they can trace the non-payment. They will know I haven't been paid.

Ugh. Now I need to go through 2nd chance offers, but there's a high likelihood that the other buyers won't want it by now. Time is of the essence!

**** my life I hate eBay so much. If they had only ****ing allowed neg feedback for buyers you could see a mile away this person was trouble, instead of them seeming decent with +3 feedback.

EDIT:

Couldn't wait so sent a 2nd chance offer to the next highest bidder. Now though it looks like eBay will hit me up for DOUBLE the ****ing fees. First fees for the swine cretin subhuman garbage who bid and never paid, and then fees AGAIN for the 2nd chance sale.

Will eBay refund me for the first bidder after I open a case against them? How does this all work? FML!
                  Last edited by Sketcz; 22-07-2019, 08:08.

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
                    Is this the thread to rant about ebay problems / ask questions?

I sold an extremely expensive item on eBay for £190. Now I regret not accepting the offer someone made for £150. The buyer it turns out has 3 feedback, 2 of which are negative messages, but since ebay doesn't actually allow negative feedback for buyers, it shows up as positive 3. Which has been my problem all along with this new system. So basically this **** weasel has a history of bidding and not paying.

I sent a reminder invoice but can only open a non-payment case in a couple days. How well do eBay handle situations like this? Since they own PayPal I assume they can trace the non-payment. They will know I haven't been paid.

Ugh. Now I need to go through 2nd chance offers, but there's a high likelihood that the other buyers won't want it by now. Time is of the essence!

**** my life I hate eBay so much. If they had only ****ing allowed neg feedback for buyers you could see a mile away this person was trouble, instead of them seeming decent with +3 feedback.

EDIT:

Couldn't wait so sent a 2nd chance offer to the next highest bidder. Now though it looks like eBay will hit me up for DOUBLE the ****ing fees. First fees for the swine cretin subhuman garbage who bid and never paid, and then fees AGAIN for the 2nd chance sale.

Will eBay refund me for the first bidder after I open a case against them? How does this all work? FML!
                    At least you haven't sent it and they claimed they hadn't received it!
                    I sold something for about £200 last year which I was very nervous of getting dicked around with, but went smoothly.
                    Normally takes about a few days to file a non payment case with ebay and then another 10 days or so before they will cancel the order and refund your fees.
                    I had someone make an offer for something I was selling 2 weeks ago, I accepted and then got no reply from them, eventually they got back to me to say they didn't want it after all! I should have checked beforehand but they had a feedback of about 2.

I hate what ebay has become, it allows scammers to play the system knowing that ebay will always back them over legit sellers.

Comment

2 days after the auction ends you can file a non-paying bidder report. Buyer has 4 days to pay (or longer depending on you)...the 4 days is the minimum time you must keep the report open...no payment after 4 days, close the report, you'll get your fees back, the transaction is essentially cancelled, buyer will not be able to leave you feedback.

Back on topic...

Hahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by wheelaa View Post
                        https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/...buyers?id=4137

2 days after the auction ends you can file a non-paying bidder report. Buyer has 4 days to pay (or longer depending on you)...the 4 days is the minimum time you must keep the report open...no payment after 4 days, close the report, you'll get your fees back, the transaction is essentially cancelled, buyer will not be able to leave you feedback.

Back on topic...

Hahahaha!
                        Mate, I have been after that for ages!

Would you accept £7000?

Comment

I love this touch...

Originally posted by eBay auction
                          Wonder Midi & Wonder Midi Collection CD. These are Japanese items, so please make sure you have a suitable set up to play them (more details below).

I'd love to know who might accidentally spend £7500 on midi generating software for the Megadrive without knowing it wouldn't work on their PAL one.

Comment

Probably someone from here, have you not seen the inane questions asked sometimes LOL

Comment

Nice! One of the items I always wanted but eluded me when I was collecting Jap Mega Drive, well that plus the price tag of course, I notived the Yahoo Japan action as well, I wonder what the CD adds?

Good luck oh and did you shift Mega Anser?

Comment

Not "shocking" as such, but it always surprises me how often people will bid for second-hand games on eBay at daft prices. I'm talking about how people will bid on a PS4 game or something; you can see these auctions that are an hour away from completion and they're maybe £29.50, and if you look on Amazon, the new version of that game is ~£30.

If I'm buying a game second-hand on eBay it needs to be for a significant discount on the new price. You never know what condition it wil be in, or even if the product will arrive!

Comment

Working...
                                X