No announcement yet.

E3 2019 General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the general vibe. Feel like we're getting some good games or are we further down the road of lootboxes, season passes and episodic content for what used to be sold as complete, unbroken games?

Comment

So far for me, some decent stuff on the way scattered over the next 12 months but these geese are definitely sitting on a fair few golden eggs now so they can avoid next-gen issues.

Comment

I think that for obvious reasons we are light on content and therefore next year's show will be much more eventful. That said E3 shows are just CGI trailers and marketing now with very little detail (at least what we see from the early conference streams - I think it's very different if you are there). So difficult to read beyond the odd favourite game or product being unveiled or something.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          What's the general vibe. Feel like we're getting some good games or are we further down the road of lootboxes, season passes and episodic content for what used to be sold as complete, unbroken games?
          We're getting some really good games, quite amazing given we are now almost at the end game of this generation.

Cyberpunk 2077, Doom Eternal, Ori and the Will look stupidious good. Cyberpunk 2077 looks like it belongs in Blade Runner 2049; the art direction is somthing else.

Comment

Pumped for 2077, for sure.
            It's ticking a lot of my boxes!

Comment

I love Blade Runner: it's my fav film of all time and 2049 wasn't bad either. Cyberpunk 2077 just looks like it belongs in that universe its just a visual delight. Loved cyberpunk adv games, like Blade Runner, Snatcher and Rise of the Dragon (for me the best one) So hoping Cyberpunk can live up to its promise. It's also coming sooner than I expected too

Comment

The year or the game?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                  The year or the game?
                  I listened to Prince's 1999 in 1999. I watched 2001: A Space Odyssey in 2001. It's a shame I'm not going to get to play Cyberpunk 2077 in 2077, well unless some cyber implant can extend my life-force. I might invest in one of those Knightmare satchels.

Comment

The year or the game?
                    The year, durr.
                    I'll get my centenary card from the Queen.

Comment

The surprise for me has been the LEGO FH4 DLC. The gameplay looks such fun and I think might be the tipping point to finally buy play that game although I need to buy the Ultimate or addons.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                        LEGO FH4 DLC.
                        Lego Football Hooligans 4?
                        Lego Forgotten Realms 4?
                        Lego French Ham 4?
                        Lego Florence Hacklestein 4?

I tried. I don't know what it could be.

Comment

Really? ;P

Forza Horizon 4, the new lego DLC.

Comment

I never would have got that one in a million years. Never would have put Forza together with Lego and didn't know this was a thing. Went through pretty much every Marvel and Star Wars related words I could think of.

Comment

I never would have got that one in a million years. Never would have put Forza together with Lego and didn't know this was a thing. Went through pretty much every Marvel and Star Wars related words I could think of.
                              Yeah, they did Hot Wheels with FH3, so this is kinda the follow-up.

Comment

I'm very uninformed when it comes to Forza. All I know is that there are four of them... at least that's what I'm picking up from the number attached to this one.

Comment

Working...
                                X